PDA

View Full Version : Soothe skin with milk.

aliva
07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Milk as a beauty agent has been around for centuries. Milk-based skin care is becoming more popular, both consumers and cosmetic companies are placing more emphasis on natural ingredients in skin care products.

It is the milk protein such as whey and various other milk ingredients that are helpful for good skin health. They work to moisturize the skin. An added bonus: milk will reduce redness and inflammation when applied to the skin.

If you have very sensitive skin, or skin that prone to extreme dryness due to temperature changes or windburn, or if you suffer from a skin condition such as rosacea, you will benefit the most from using milk-based products.

It is a common belief that bathing in milk or rubbing it on the skin makes the skin soft and silky. I feel it’s a myth. Milk is made of up of mostly water, which evaporates as the milk dries. This will actually dry out your skin. Secondly, milk spoils very quickly and when it does, it smells bad! Finally, cosmetic milk is highly concentrated. You’d need an awful lot of store-bought milk to get the same effect.

The exception is curd. Used regularly over a long period the lactic acid in the curd can work in the same way in preventing wrinkles as glycolic acid.

alice
07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes, that is true.Milk do imparts a glow to our skin and acts as a natural moisturizer. However, I have read in a recent publication on yahoo that milk can also make our skin prone to acne. They didn't state the exact reason but it was mentioned that milk increases the level of oil production in our oil glands in skin.

Starchild47
07-03-2008, 04:28 AM
I have had really good results from making bath teas from powdered milk, oats, sea salts, herbs and some essential oils. It really has softened my skin and made it much more manageable as I have really dry itchy skin. I have used powdered goats milk as well with good results in my bath.

titaniumhijau
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
The exception is curd. Used regularly over a long period the lactic acid in the curd can work in the same way in preventing wrinkles as glycolic acid. I agree we need to use that for long period. If you just use it for short term, nothing will happen with your skin and you just waste time with that. Thank god my skin was perfect and i have no problem using milk. :)

paulspnao
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Milk is a super soother for windburn, sunburn, eczema, and other skin irritations. It contains proteins, fat, amino acids, lactic acid, and vitamins A and D, all of which calm dry, upset skin. Milk’s lactic acid, in particular, weakens the glue that lets dead, ready-to-be-shed cells stick to the skin’s surface, making it look dull and dry.

Rach
05-14-2012, 04:35 AM
What type of milk do you use? I read unpasteurized raw milk is good for your health and skin.

swati
05-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Milk is a good deep cleanser. I use it everyday. I apply raw chilled milk with a piece of cotton on my face and neck before bath and wash my face and neck with water. This has made my skin silky soft and younger looking.

advanskin
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,
Can share any products on Milk-based skin care ?

Andry Jolly
06-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Milk is really good for our skin. It gave a special touch for our skin and it is so useful for sensitive skin.