PDA

View Full Version : Is conditioner healthy for hair?

nlp18
12-24-2008, 02:11 PM
There are many products available for hair like conditioner, gel, silk and shine. Are they really healthy to hair?

vencasand
12-24-2008, 05:40 PM
i know when i don't use conditioner on my hair it gets fly away and is hard to comb. i have below the waist hair and fine. i put conditioner on the ends and massage it in then work my way to the top. as for the other products i think are okay if you keep your hair and scalp clean and only use what you need for the type hair do you want. i love shiney hair.

nlp18
12-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your reply. You are mentioning that, conditioners are good to hair if we keep our hair clean and free from scalp/dandruff. Isnt it?

vencasand
12-26-2008, 02:47 PM
i am sorry i didn't answer your question straight out. i do that a lot. i think conditioners are healthy for hair and in some cases needed desparately. i don't mean that overdoing conditioners is right but using one that compliments your hair type does make your hair feel healthier. if you want to use gel, silk, or shine products they are okay also. most of them wash out when you wash your hair. i don't really like hard hair. but that is me and i am just one person. i like free flowing soft shiny hair. i love natural curls in hair too but my granddaughter who has a beautiful head of curls tells she hates having curly hair.:rolleyes: sometimes i think we always want what we don't have. use the hair products you want to use. if they start to damage your hair stop using them. (i grew up in the 60's) i used to have sprayed high hair!! hair keeps growing. try different products to see what you like best. just use common sense. i wish you the hair you want to have!!

Terrikrol
01-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't recommend using a conditioner for hair as they contain chemicals which will harm the hairs more than benefiting them.
The natural hair conditioner is the curd.Apply the curd on your hairs and keep it for 30 mins before bathing, then rinse off the curd but don't apply shampoo in hairs and your hairs will have more glow.

azap
02-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Conditioners are good,but too much of it is really too bad and will ruin ur hair.

rasyid
03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
a hair consultant once tell me : For maximum use of conditioner, use it once every 4 to 7 days, but use shampoo every 2 days to keep your hair cleans, and don't forget to dry up your hair before going out.

Starchild47
03-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Conditioners protect hair from things such as blow drying and curling irons. They tend to coat the hair in kind of a waxy substance that keeps it from burning or flying away so easily.

icebreaker
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it is not healthy for hair because of harmful chemical contents that constitute it. It only makes the hair soft but it has side effects.

mm145
04-15-2009, 03:56 AM
I use conditioners every time I shampoo my hair - which is about twice a week. Without them my hair tends to fly in all directions - and I am unable to keep it controlled. I try to rinse a lot of it off so that there are few residues left.

avikdip74
01-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Your choice of conditioner depends most on your hair type (unlike your choice of shampoo, which depends on your scalp type). Choosing the right conditioner can help you avoid greasy, limp locks or a dry, frizzy head of hair

Step 1Choose a rich, moisturizing conditioner if your hair tends to get dry and frizzy.

Step 2Use a volumizing conditioner if your hair is limp and fine.

Step 3Get conditioner made for normal hair if yours is healthy and shiny.

Step 4Change the brand of conditioner you use every month, since hair can become immune to a specific formula's effects, and buildup can occur.

Step 5Buy a separate deep or leave-in conditioner to use once a week. If your hair is fine, use it in the shower and rinse it out immediately, the way you do with normal conditioner. The drier your hair is, however, the longer you'll want to leave it in.

dale91
02-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Use conditioner twice a week and choose one that is not to harsh...go natural...here's my tip to make your hair softer and shinier:
1. Massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair and scalp (make sure that it penetrates your scalp) just massage, never use comb..
2. wrap it with hot towel then cover with shower cap
3. rinse off with a little shampoo and lots of conditioner (preferably one w/ coco milk)
4. PAT dry your hair, never rub with towel...
5. use wide tooth comb till it gets a bit dry...no irons or blow dryer pls...

With this, im sure you'll regain strength for remaining hair and eliminate hair loss...hope this helps...give me a feedback then or you can also check the internet for besthairlosstreatmentreviews :cool: