PDA

View Full Version : Brown Sugar Body Scrub

Kay
12-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Pour all ingredients in a bowl and combine well. That's it!
Put in the plastic container. You only need half of this per shower.
Apply all over in the shower, rubbing in to slough off the dry skin then rinse off well with warm water. You'll feel the difference in your skin as you do.
Don't use soap after that. Allow the oils a chance to seep into your skin and just pat dry.
Take care getting out the shower and clean the bath/shower cabinet well! Take the same precautions here you would with any oil-based product. Oils can be slippery and you must clean after using this to get every last drop off the surface.
Put the lid on any remaining product in the plastic container and keep in the fridge for a week maximum.

skinee
12-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Pour all ingredients in a bowl and combine well. That's it!
Put in the plastic container. You only need half of this per shower.
Apply all over in the shower, rubbing in to slough off the dry skin then rinse off well with warm water. You'll feel the difference in your skin as you do.
Don't use soap after that. Allow the oils a chance to seep into your skin and just pat dry.
Take care getting out the shower and clean the bath/shower cabinet well! Take the same precautions here you would with any oil-based product. Oils can be slippery and you must clean after using this to get every last drop off the surface.
Put the lid on any remaining product in the plastic container and keep in the fridge for a week maximum.

Wow, I am going to try this. Does it really work and make your skin softer?

azap
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
thanks a lot.this one should really help me.

mimico
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey would you know if I can use this as a face scrub too? I have lots of dry skin from winter and it really sucks that when I apply any makeup on my face looks so dry! I have a mild facial scrub from Dove but I think the beads are too small to exfoliate all the dead skin on my face...

Starchild47
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
If you change the oil to jojoba then yes you could use it as a facial scrub. The brown sugar is very gentle on the skin. Its much more gentle than a salt scrub and it smells so good too!

Starchild47
03-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I wanted to add if you use this as a facial scrub you would want to add 5 drops of lavender essential oil or 5 drops of rosemary essential oil to the mixture in place of the vanilla. These essential oils are good for the face and are very gentle. They will not irritate. You can use them on the body as well.

GAURAV
07-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Is it the kind with oil, too? In any case, wash up first with your regular soap, then use the scrub. I generally just rub a bit in my hand and use on the areas that need the most ex foliating, like elbows, feet, knees, etc. I use it lightly on other areas.

Depending on the grain, you might need to be careful in areas with thinner skin, like your face or underarm. There are scrubs that have walnut shells and these can scratch sensitive areas.

That brings me to another point- test to be sure your skin doesn't get irritated. The honey might be a soothing agent so you will likely be ok. I use the ones with oil because I have such dry skin, I'd flake away if I didn't pair the moisturizer with the scrub! :h2::h2::h2:

Dennis
07-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Tell me, how it makes your skin softer. While I`m looking this recipe I do not understand still which product makes your skin softer. Or I`m wrong...?!?