PDA

View Full Version : psoriasis on head !!!

vencasand
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
my psoriasis has now gone to my head, literally! my hair covers the spots that has broken out but i find myself scratching the spots therefore peeling the built up layers of skin. will this cause me to become bald in that area? i haven't asked my doctor but i figured you who share this malady would know. thanks.

Dr.Deepak
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
its a common condition for people having psoriasis to get scalp psoriasis.Yea it can cause hair fall and bald spots and also remember the worst thing is strong medications for psoriasis also causes bald spots so consult your dermatologist before you use any treatment for your scalp p.

vencasand
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks 010081 i keep the area clean and i moisturize the area. i think if i could keep my hands off my head i would be fine. i haven't lost hair yet but i was hoping hair loss wouldn't be in the forecast. i have not used any medications on it but zinc shampoos. are you going to be a dermatologist? you would make a good one.

Dr.Deepak
12-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Yup psoriasis is a difficult conditions its almost impossible to cure ,much better to say there is no cure for psoriasis once you get.Some companies claim to cure psoriasis But the real pathogenesis is still not understood then how could it be completely cured? its just this and that theories.All it can be done is completely cleared for few months for sometimes years or occasionally it might not return at all. So all you can do is avoid getting it further by avoiding scratching or injuries or sunburn or some drugs that may worsen it and some problematic complications like Psoriatic arthritis,cardiac problems (Mitral valve prolapse) or any secondary infections.

Well in skin disease and conditions there is not much cure to all disease ,the only formula is " When its dry make it wet and when its wet make it dry".

And yea i'm not a dermatologist though, consulting to a dermatologist might be the better idea.Yea i have planned to be a dermatologist..currently working as a doctor in tropical and infectious disease hospital ,so i come in contact with many skin infections secondary to HIV or any other disease.