PDA

View Full Version : Avocado

restbits
04-22-2015, 01:57 AM
I saw a woman you makes her own skin care "concoctions" on ABC once, but I can't remember her name. She does something with avocado and I am curious if anyone is familiar with any skin care recipe using avocados? :cool: In particular one that is related to treating eye bags?

inactivehave
04-22-2015, 01:18 PM
I don't know any concoction I just simply slice the avocado into quarter inch crescent and I place it in my eyes lying down.

restbits
04-30-2015, 11:53 PM
By any chance, are you mistaking this for cucumber? I know that cucumber is used as such. I have not heard of avocado being used that way. :)

I remember reading about avocado when I was researching on hair loss and found out that avocado is a good food for detox, high in potassium, etc. I remember that it is also good for the skin. I'm not a hundred percent sure, though if it is simply when ingested on applied directly to the skin.

Clear60
05-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Cucumber and avocado, both can be used to treat eye bags and under eye dark circles; just slice them up, and place it on your eyes. Avocado is also perfect for moisturizing your under eye skin too. On the other hand you can smash the avocado to form paste, apply on the eyes and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. Use this procedure everyday to get rid of eye bags.

Terry
06-10-2015, 11:57 AM
As I'm not familiar with avocados but my mum use to share many recipes of different fruits here is the one: Mash avocado and banana. Mix 1/2 soft avocado, 1/2 banana, 1 egg yolk well, put it on your face and wash after 10 minutes with water. Best mask for healthy and smooth skin.

Clear60
06-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Good one Terry.. I'll try it for sure. :)

Kharbandalia
06-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Avocado is like a recovering cream but so natural.

Deery1979
08-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Avocado is no doubt a great gift for skin and overall healthy. Here are some amazing avocado recipes for healthy and beautiful skin.
1. Mash up 1/4 of an avocado and spread on the face, letting sit for 15 to 20 minutes. The vitamin A from the avocado softens skin and restores a youthful appearance.
2. Put the pit of 1 avocado in a food processor and moisten with water to make a facial scrub. This exfoliating pit of the avocado sloughs off dead skin and brightens the face.

Ingredients
1/2 peeled avocado
Couple tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of sugar
Lemon juice if you have oily skin

1. Get your ingredients together.
2. Make sure to rinse your face with warm water first, to open pores in your skin.
3. Start mashing the avocado and mixing it with the two ingredients listed above.
4. Apply gently to your skin by smoothly rubbing it into your skin (not too hard) until your face and a bit of your neck it covered. Leave on for 15 min for a good facial mask.
5. Rinse off gently, and pat with a towel. Now just look at that glowing face!...
Avocado is also considered one of the best super foods to boost immunity. Here are some of the its most effective healthy benefits.

Being described as the fruit with the highest nutrient content, avocado health benefits are to do with the high protein, good fats, antioxidants, soluble and insoluble fibre and a variety of minerals and vitamins.

• Avocados are often assumed to be unhealthy because of being high in fat - 20 times higher than other fruits, these are monounsaturated fats and oleic acid which your body needs to promote well-being.

• Monounsaturated fats speed up the metabolic rate, large amounts of soluble and insoluble fibre makes you full and also being a ‘very low GI’ food, avocados can actually help you lose weight despite being high in fat.

• Fiber is a major dietary component in chronic disease prevention: heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and some cancers. Avocado is rich in soluble and insoluble fibers!

• Avocado is one of the first fresh fruits a baby can have. It is served raw, low in salt and contains many nutrients that are beneficial for baby’s development.

• It is a low glycemic index food and may help control blood sugars and monounsaturates help lower bad cholesterol and higher good cholesterol : helpful for treatment of diabetes.
the fruit with the highest nutrient content, avocado health benefits are to do with the high protein, good fats, antioxidants, soluble and insoluble fibre and a variety of minerals and vitamins.

• Avocado has higher potassium content than most fruits and vegetables, which helps regulate blood pressure and adequate intake can protect against circulatory diseases – high blood pressure, stroke or heart disease.

• Vitamin K in avocado is fat soluble and plays an important role in blood clotting, which means it helps wounds heal properly. It is also needed to help build strong bones.

• Vitamin B6 in avocados is important for the nervous system, red blood cells, teeth and gums.

• Avocados may help strengthen your immune system, being rich in antioxidants to fight free radicals.

BrahimNadi
01-27-2016, 04:48 PM
used that way. .............. :)

CassieLyons
05-31-2016, 01:22 AM
Definitely going to have to try the avocado, banana, egg yolk recipe! Thanks!

BenjaminImports
06-25-2016, 02:04 AM
Has anyone every tried an avocado butter?