PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to deal with Dark Complexion Complexities?

beauT29
12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Why do some people who have a dark skin tend to have complexity in mingling with their friends or colleagues?? Is it the mentality of that person who thinks like that or is that person afraid of being commented about his color by the same people?

mimico
12-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure, I haven't noticed this. Though if it happens, then you might be correct in your assumption. Historically, darker-skinned people were relegated as slaves to the fair-skinned rulers of the world. But we live in a modern society. Heck, Amercia's president is black!

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes i too have seen this very often. Even TV ads seem to add fuel to fire by hailing the fair skinned folks. Personality and intelligence of a person is hat really matters.

Djmarie21
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
In the US, I have noticed this. I think it is because there is a big push for everyone to be the same. Individuals are not celebrated here. It seems that you do not fit in if you do not wear the right clothes, drive a certain vehicle, et cetera. It is all just really silly to me... I have never tried to fit in... I enjoy being unique!