PDA

View Full Version : Dark itchy skin near armpit any ideas?

tom1
03-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Hey guys I'm new here and was curious if anyone could help me. I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section wasn't really sure what this would fall under. I have a dark patch of skin which looks like an accumulation of dead skin cells or something near my armpit. Not really sure but anyone have any idea how to get rid of this? I've heard baking soda/lemon mix might help clear this up. It becomes itchy here and there but most of the time its just dry.

http://i.imgur.com/60rMRh1.jpg

I couldn't upload the picture on here for some reason kept giving me an error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Dr.Saiyan
03-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Hi tom !welcome to our forum. For how long did you have these lesion? Did it spread?does it come and go?is it very itchy? Did you apply any medication.

tom1
03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Hi Dr. Saiyan! :) The one in the picture is on my left arm. I have two similar marks on my right arm. They haven't spread but they've looked that way for almost a year. It itches sometimes but not all the time. My doctor prescribed me tretinoin but it didn't do much and I haven't gone back since. Should I try hydroquinone next? I was thinking this is acanthosis nigricans but I haven't had these marks on my neck or any other places. Only near the armpit area. My brother had similar marks near his armpits as well but his went away after a while. Thanks for your help doc!

Dr.Saiyan
03-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the reply tom. First would like to suggest you to do simple KOH test to rule out fungal infection. Than my another dd is lichen planus pigmentosus . Aplication of strong topical steroid along with keratolytics may be helpful. Thus visiting dematologist and carring out accordingly may be helpful.

tom1
03-28-2015, 06:15 AM
Thanks Doc! Hopefully it'll go away and is nothing too serious. I will visit a dermatologist and keep you updated.

Dr.Saiyan
03-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Hope you keep us updated.