PDA

View Full Version : Best medicine for dandruff

ancheal
12-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I have dandruff problem and for the last few months it has really being badly.I tried anti-dandruff shampoos available in market,nor did work.even tried johnson and johnson's Nizoral but has not helped.Someone told me to drink lot of water.is it true drinking less water aggravates more dandruff ? Will oiling help my scap and hair relieve this problem? What is the best OTC medicine for dandruff please help.

Dr.Deepak
12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
dandruff is a fungal infection of your scalp hair.Oh yea drinking water is good but it has no relationship with dandruff.First thing is prevention,don't share towels combs,caps/hats.Oil and greasy applications favour fungal proliferation so do not use it.Frequent washing on alternate or daily is suggested.

For shampoos use shampoo that contains anti-fungal preparations like ketoconazole,selenium sulfide,pyritione zinc.The one you are using-Nizoral is a ketoconazole preparation i guess.if it hasn't worked you can try shampoos containing selenium sulfide ( Selsun ) .If still no pregress you might consult doctor and he will provide high-strength preprations.

Zenisha
12-10-2008, 03:21 AM
hey anchel try selsun blue,i had great success with it.

Dr.Deepak
12-12-2008, 06:07 PM
yup selsun blue works well ,try it.

mimico
12-29-2008, 05:45 AM
We don't have selsun blue here in my country!!! I wonder why? I always use head and shoulders and make sure to wash my hair thoroughly...It always works for me.:)

ancheal
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
hi thanks my dandruff have gone after i used Selsun but i still have some pimples like on my head.. What is it ?

wendycave
01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I use to have dandruff problem badly some years back and non of the shampoo in the market worked, then I consulted doctor and he gave me some medical shampoo and it worked with week.
But that use to cause irritation in my head so I stopped using it and switched to herbal shampoos and the dandruff is much under control atm.

sanchita
04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Head and Shoulders is the best...it works best on me and my family.

Sabina
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM

yes Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo work good on dandruff. if you use it regularly.

kris1911
07-01-2009, 04:36 AM
I also used head and shoulders shampoo and worked great for me in solving dandruff problem . I got rid from dandruff problem but new problem of hair loss started. So, using natural shampoo which don't have any side effect will be the best solution.

PaulG
07-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I also have same problem with dandruffs. I've tried Nizoral too but it didn't really help. Now I use Eucerin Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (for sensitive skin) and it helps. It's not cheap but it's good. Bottle looks something like this:
http://www.eucerin.dk/images/products/large/SenSkinBody/anti-dandruff-schampoo.jpg
Only one bad thing: when you change shampoos for longer time, dandruffs are back...

Ashu
07-12-2009, 12:15 PM
hi PaulG thanks for pointing that Eucerin worked for you. Yea dandruff comes back so for prevention applying atleast 2-3 times a months throughout the year might help. I do this way and i results are very good.

Zenisha
12-31-2009, 10:12 AM
what does Eucerin contains ?

MuhammadSufyan
12-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I will prefare the best anti dandruff material is Head and shoulder. I face this problem many times. And then I use Head and Shoulder I feel good.

MuhammadSufyan
12-31-2009, 11:58 PM
I also have same problem with dandruffs. I've tried Nizoral too but it didn't really help. Now I use Eucerin Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (for sensitive skin) and it helps. It's not cheap but it's good. Bottle looks something like this:
http://www.eucerin.dk/images/products/large/SenSkinBody/anti-dandruff-schampoo.jpg
Only one bad thing: when you change shampoos for longer time, dandruffs are back...

Hello dare,
Will you please tell me the eucerin official website. and I think Eucerin does not make anti dandruff shampoo. I am not confirm.

avikdip74
01-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Coal-tar preparations and salicylic acid are approved for treating dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis; pyrithione zinc and selenium sulfide for dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis; sulfur for dandruff; and salicylic acid and sulfur in combination for dandruff treatment. On Jan. 28, 1994, FDA published a final rule amending the monograph published in the Dec. 4, 1991, Federal Register allowing micronized selenium sulfide in a concentration of 0.6 percent to be included as an active ingredient to control dandruff.

daina
02-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Go to your grandma's village for a holiday. If they have a paddy field, which is watered by using a powerful water pumping motor, put your head underneath the torrent of water being pumped out forcefully. Do it for an hour daily for about a fortnight. Alternatively, you may go to Courtrallam falls, put your head under the forceful fall of the waster. After coming home to your city,try and maintain your hair carefully with shampoos etc. May be you have to repeat it year after year. I was born in a village. As long as I was in the village I never had this problem. Now that we are in the city, where we do not have the luxury of having bath as in village, we have been facing the problem. Shampooing is just a palliative and it will not really solve it.:mad:

chinee
04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
I advise you to use mild shampoo because strong shampoo makes your scalp dry. Fenugreek is good for curing dandruff. Or you can even use RL aloe vera shampoo it is good to have an anti-dandruff hair, thus it is herbal and safe.

y34963
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I have heard that Head and Shoulders is one of the best shampoos for dandruff.

Dr.Deepak
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I have heard that Head and Shoulders is one of the best shampoos for dandruff.

yup Head & Shoulders anti dandruff shampoo work good for mild cases. If the case is severe, you might want to go for other options.

prasanth5
05-04-2010, 02:40 AM
There is a lot said about the Boost purifier. As dandruff is caused by a sort of imbalance in the scalp it uses a synergistic ingredients combination and is spoken of as a substitute for some noted shampoos as well.

sonia2012
02-25-2011, 05:58 AM
my dandruff has been removed when i used the Head n Shoulders shampoo. I am glad this cheap shampoo. absolutely 100%. It worked! Prevention is better than cure.. If you don't use any kind of prevention, you may get bald or your hair starting to fall out. Hair Loss is a common problem of men and women. It's a genetic condition.

I used to get my hair smooth and dandruff free with head n shoulder shampoo menthol but now I am using Leimo Hair Treatment to Regrowth my hair and grow the natural hair fast.

ratch33
06-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I've always used the well known anti-dandruff shampoo brands but began having dandruff problems and itchy scalp six months ago. When researching other solutions i read that the foaming agent sodium lauryl sulphate which is used in many brands can cause irritation to the scalp.
After a month of using Skin Shop dry scalp shampoo the itching and dandruff disappeared. There's a long list of what ingredients it doesn't contain on the bottle so it's a very natural oriented product. I'd definitely recomend giving it a go for dandruff or itchy scalp, or any similar natural products that don't contain sodium lauryl sulphate.
:)

fenix
06-06-2011, 05:02 AM
I'd definitely recomend giving it a go for dandruff or itchy scalp, or any similar natural products that don't contain sodium lauryl sulphate.
:).

I'm agree with you. When I switched to sls free shampoos my dandruff began to disappear gradually. Now, almost two years later, no more dandruff and my hair is much more healthy.

Jenny
11-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Adding lemon juice in water that you are using to wash hairs removes the dandruff but its rough the hairs and hair fall also increase.

thankful
11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I use Slick Soap. It's an all natural glycerin soap, so it's very moisturizing. The company is called Forces In Nature. I found it at a Whole Foods Market in Virginia, but you can also find them on-line at [url removed].

Jenny
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Only one teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is useful remedy. This not only leaves the hair glowing but also removes stickiness and prevents dandruff.

sweetcheeks11
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd like to recommend to everyone a Tea Tree shampoo and/or conditioner from a salon. You can find them in salons for the same price as drug/grocery store shampoos and conditioners. The reason for this is I have learned the OTC shamp. and cond. contain high amounts of alcohol and other chemicals that can leave hair more dry and leave a "waxy" build-up on hair strands. I've seen a demo of this. The Tea Tree will actually help to soothe and heal the dandruff!:p

vjykmr89
08-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Curd - Take one cup curd Apply all over scalp and leave 30 minutes. Wash with cold water.Repeat 2 times in a week.

fetamy
01-18-2013, 10:30 AM

No doubt head & shoulder is best shampoo for hair dandruff. But its result shows on regular usage.

hemantlatawa
03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Natural Homeopathic remedies for dandruff
1 Kali Sulph For profuse creamish- yellow scaly dandruff .
2 Thuja -Homeopathic medicine for white Scally dandruff
3 Phosphurous- Natural Homeopathic remedy for Dandruff with falling of hair
4 Massage your scalp with coconut oil that improves blood circulation and also dandruff problem.
5 Take neem juice and sesame seeds oil together , boil it until oil remains , then apply oil daily which will be very effective.
6 Take hibiscus flowers and dry it under sunlight , after you put these flowers in sun they change into powder . Mix that powder in coconut oil . Apply daily to your scalp.

stellamandy96
03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
A few months back I also faced a dandruff problem and I tried in so many products but there is no use at all then my cousin suggested me to use the Argan oil product at biotevam. I purchased Argan Shampoo that Prevents Dandruff made with Moroccan Argan Oil and I used it daily. Also at the same time, Argan oil helps to naturally restore the hair cuticle. This is made possible by the natural presence of antioxidants that directly reverse cellular damage.

I hope it would be helpful to you.
Good Luck!!!

Allendawson
10-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Lemon is very good for removing dandruff. It also gives shine to hair. It has no side effect.

Emma Brown
12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Dandruff is not a skin decease its the deficiency of selenium (a mineral which help binds tissues. The cycle of scalp skin from dead cells to new tissue take over is 28 days.
Onion is the greatest source of selenium which is easily available, otherwise Kelp (a sea herb) which is a natural source of multi minerals & vitamins, its also a safest & greatest source of iodine which is responsible for mm thickness of hair, overall Kelp is best to take 10g. per day.
If you treat your scalp for 28 days (actually 40 days for permanent relief) dandruff will never return.
Some easy ways are :
1. Mix onion juice & pure honey equal, massage on scalp & keep for 1 hr. then wash with mild shampoo.
2. Using Shikakai everyday for hair wash will definitely relieve you. It is also a strong herb to increase length of hair. It is good for every type of hair.
3. Make decoction of kelp powder & rosemary & apply on scalp every night & wash with luke warm water next morning. Wash with mild shampoo thrice a week.

Emily Kristina
12-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Things that I've found that help:
1. Gently using a nylon-bristle hairbrush right before getting in the shower to remove any dead skin from your scalp (but don't overdo it or you'll hunt me down and throttle me for suggesting the astringent).
2. Changing your shampoo and conditioner. I find that eventually my scalp will develop a "distaste" for a certain brand of shampoo and conditioner and flip out if I use it. The less expensive brands tend to be the worst in that way, unfortunately.
3. use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a week. The best one I've found breaks the last rule of ditching cheap shampoos and conditioners, but Suave Clarifying shampoo is both cheap and effective. It'll help keep too much conditioner from annoying my scalp.

marclewis
01-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Massage your scalp with oil is one of the best way to remove dandruff. You have to massage your scalp twice in a week. You can use olive oil, almond oil and coconut oik for massage.

Tara101
07-08-2015, 11:45 AM
I dont prefer medicines for dandruff. Applying unsweetened curd on scalp and washing it off next day always works for me.

ChristieLemon
12-07-2018, 08:30 AM
I was using Maple Holistics for oily hair for two months. Worked fine for me.