PDA

View Full Version : Heat rash from sweat I think

downleft
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
A few times a week I exercise on a stationary seated bicycle at an intense pace for 90 minutes. I sweat a lot, and the seat is basically a plastic bucket, so the sweat would run down my back and collect in a pool at the bottom. Putting a couple of towels on the seat first took care of that. But I get a horrible skin rash on my butt that I assume from looking online is heat rash. It's pretty bad--looks like someone's been caning me--and it stings a lot in the shower, scabs over, and took nearly a week to go away when I took a break from the gym once. Any ideas about what I can do about this?

I wear polyester shorts. I thought maybe the rash was a reaction to the material, so I've tried other kinds, to no avail.

Dr.Saiyan
11-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Hi Gerg! Welcome to DermaTalk. Basically rapid heating of the body with obstruction of sweat duct probably causing your heat rash. Wearing loose cotton clothings, rapid cooling and maintaining Of body temperature taking cool shower with menthol containing soaps may be helpful. Topical application of calamine lotion with oral antihistamines like fexofenadine may help you calm the itching.In severe cases mild hydrocortisone cream along with some antibiotic ( in case of infection like mupirocin) may be helpful. Powers containing antibiotic may also be used .
Hope you will us updated we will be happy to hear from you.

Kollin
12-29-2014, 06:02 PM
I used to always get red cheeks. I still get it from time to time but my new regime has helped to make these occasions rare.
Drink green tea
Use purechimp super face combo 2
I also kept a diary to see what triggered my skin redness & then tried to avoid these things. (I know its a pain but once you have done it you may find a way to reduce redness in your skin for the rest of your life).
Sugar way a big trigger for me personally.

Goosman
01-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Pure chimp is really good in solving a lot of skin issues.
I like the way they work on my face.