PDA

View Full Version : White Spots on Arms Usually in Cold Environments

Oversweet
10-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm a 33 year old guy and for as long as I can remember I have these white spots appear predominantly on the underside of my forearms usually when i'm cold. I went to my GP a few years ago and he said it was caused by pigmentation and that blood wasnt flowing all the way to the surface of the skin. Unfortunately he didnt provide me with much in the way of a solution. Of course its annoying but i've managed to get away with it forever but now i'm wanting to determine if there's anything that can be done to get rid of it.

Its at its worst in cold air conditioned environments such as supermarkets however when my body is warm the spots disappear. I'm assuming this is because blood flow improves when the body is warm. I've searched online relentlessly trying to figure what it is but all the pictures i've seen of vitiligo etc are not consistent with what i've got.

I've attached a pic so if anyone has any clue on what it actually is or what I can do, please help.

Cheers

Dr.Deepak
10-09-2014, 03:07 AM
Welcome Oliver to dermatalk, We call it Bier's Spots or physiologic anemic macules, that are mostly harmless lesions...

http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/bier-spots-small-white-spots-on-skin/