PDA

View Full Version : Anal Itch (Itchy Bottom)

gerber
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi, I have a case of anal itch, or so it seems. I have had the condition for over 2 years, it is not painful or constant, it is just itchy. It comes and goes, the skin is pale around the anus. I have not tried any anti-itch cream yet or medication, I keep area clean and use unscented soap. Hope you can provide recommendations for treatment to try. Picture can also be made available.
Thanks

Dr.Saiyan
08-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi Jay!welcome to forum.Anal itch is very embarrasing caused by no of factors especially fecal incontinence or moist area causing irritation of local skin( Eczema),too much cleansing causing the skin to be very dry and irritated ,use of broad-spectrum antibiotics, different chemicals, yeast infection,diabetes, parasitic infection like pinworm, local disease like fistula or fissures, diet etc.
Keeping the area dry and clean without using harsh chemicals and over drying, correcting underlying skin and systemic disease,applying mild steroid cream and anti-fungal medication,treating the infections may be helpful.