PDA

View Full Version : How Natural Are You

Ashu
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Since we all shop for skin care and daily products and we all know there are many harmful products like parabens, formaldehyde, & sodium lauryl .
So since stuff like that is really in everything you buy (shampoos, toothpaste, soap, etc), I started to go all natural.

what about you..

mimico
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I have really sensitive skin but I'm not particular about what goes into the products that I use. First of all, there aren't many natural products here in the Philippines. What little there is are sold in specialty stores and would cost a lot of money. There are several brands I trust though such as Galderma, so I just stick to those. Also, if I ever take the time to look at the ingredients on the product label, I just make sure that the first ingredient listed is water. This means that water is the main ingredient therefore the product is supposed to be mild. It's interesting that you'd bring this up because I'd love to learn about these so called harmful ingredients.

alice
07-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I also try my best to replace all the synthetic products with the natural ones wherever possible. But I sometimes need to go for the synthetic ones due to my busy schedule. I myself prefer to use as much natural remedies and treatments for all my skin problems as I can. Even in synthetic range, I go for herbal based products. Though many of them are not actually herbal but I rely upon biotique a lot.

Starchild47
07-03-2008, 04:32 AM
I make most of my own bath and body products. I have had much better luck with them. I shudder when I read ingredient labels on lotions and other bath products at the store. The only thing I do not make is shampoo and conditioner. Otherwise it is natural for me. I sold these to my clients when I was a massage therapist and got raves over the products that I made.

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 06:27 PM
to keep my skin natural and get away from such harmful chemicals i hardly use any product for my skin.

chicque
07-08-2008, 05:21 AM
i buy organic. i use products that have the USDA organic seal on them, and if i can't find a certain product, i replace it with something from my kitchen. i mean, if its good for inside your body, imagine what it can do outside of it!

annran
07-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I try to use natural products when possible, except for things like dandruff shampoo which is chockful of chems but cant help it - the natural ones didnt help.
Theres this site with 100% natural products- it has very differnt products and I love them, although I need to budget myself to go there, cause they get all these new things in and I want everything. . :)

BrendaMarie
07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I've tried going all natural too before. For me it's just too hard to do. I don't know if I'm not looking in the right places or what but they don't seem to make the same stuff as the non-organic manufacturers make. Plus, living on a tight budget really doesn't allow for this expense, unfortunately.

liowkc
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
For me I will try to use only organic products; I got most of my stuff from Body Shop; the prices are usually a bit higher but I guess it is worth it.

Starchild47
07-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Organic and home made products from natural ingredients can be found on the internet as well. I have bought goats milk soap and other products that I do not make myself due to limited time. Ebay has a lot of that type of product as well for sale

Starchild47
07-10-2008, 03:29 AM
I use a lot of shea butter in my products because its really good for the skin and its transdermal so it goes beneath the skin to help the skin hydrate from the inside out. I have been doing some reading about how wonderful African black soap is I want to get some for myself and my daughter to try for facial soap. It is reported to take care of a lot of skin problems. Has anyone else here ever used this?

chicque
07-10-2008, 04:28 AM
I try to use natural products when possible, except for things like dandruff shampoo which is chockful of chems but cant help it - the natural ones didnt help.
Theres this site with 100% natural products- it has very differnt products and I love them, although I need to budget myself to go there, cause they get all these new things in and I want everything. . :)
holistic site (http://www.katuri.com)

thanks for the link! i keep trying to go even more natural when it comes to skin care as of late, and i appreciate this link.

BrendaMarie
07-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Does anyone see the difference between the organic and nonorganic products that they use and how their skin is? I'd be interested in hearing some comparisons.

vinodg
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I used to wash my hair with herbal products like neem powder and oil and I used to brush my teeth with neem stick. It is really good for your health. Women can use turmeric powder to wash their face. It will protect your skin from any kind of disease and also make your skin soft.

Try it out.

Starchild47
07-11-2008, 07:13 AM
I can tell you I see a HUGE difference in my skin when I use market soap and when I use hand made soap. My skin is much better hydrated and I even notice less wrinkling and dry patchy areas. It is so worth it to look for natural products

BrendaMarie
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks Starchild! I was wondering what kind of differences there may be. If only I had it in my budget to be able to spend on homemade soap then maybe I wouldn't have eczema all over my hands LOL

annran
07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
This means that water is the main ingredient therefore the product is supposed to be mild. It's interesting that you'd bring this up because I'd love to learn about these so called harmful ingredients.

Hi mimico,
This site i go to - says on their frontpage that they dont use water- so theirs are not dilutions, or are more effective..etc.. anyway they talk as if its not a good thing.

They have this list of possible sensitive ingredients
http://www.katuri.com/care/info/irritants.html ( "http://www.katuri.com/care/info/irritants.html" )but its not from main site anymore

For really indepth reports on harmful ingredients & effects go here- they give a breakdown and how safe it is.. of course the really really expensive ones are good :)
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com ( "http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com")

GO when you have loads of time - some products are quite interesting - or should I say shocking

And just ot say, after I started using their natural products - my skin has been so much better, and theirs last quite some time if used carefully that I've stopped getting moisturisers and acne products (and go without makeup sometimes - )which I guess work against each other generally by drying up skin. I use their Orchid serum and the acne wash and blend

BrendaMarie
07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I think I said this in another post but in direct answer to your question: I've tried it and find that I can't afford it so I don't do it anymore.

lilabytes
07-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Going organic is the best way to go but sometimes it's just difficult and costly to find organic substitutes to the synthetic products we're already accustomed to. Home made products can be time consuming to prepare but if you have the spare time, it's definitely enjoyable to try different home made recipes for pampering the skin and hair.

Starchild47
07-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Brenda
You can find good home made soap that is not much more than what you pay for soap in the store. You can find sales or imperfect bars that the crafter wants to let go and they can be great ways to get good product for less money.
I try to buy like 12-15 bars at a time to get a better price. One idea is to see if you have friends or family members who would split an order with you or look on the internet for ooops bars of soap or some that they are clearing out.
Great product great prices!

BrendaMarie
07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I tend to like my soap to really give off a really good lather which is something that I've never found with organic. I've also had a hard time finding organic liquid shower soap.

Zenisha
06-13-2009, 03:11 AM
I also love natural products.

vencasand
06-13-2009, 04:12 PM
i don't go all natural but i am now reading ingredients in almost everything i buy. i watch what i use. the cleansers i use around my house are mostly bleach and stuff for hardwood floors. i have 4 small dogs and 2 cats. can't seem to do without the bleach. i am trying the green products from clorox. they work pretty good and are biodegradable and safe for my pets. my shower stuff is mostly natural cleansers. they don't have the bad stuff in them.

chinee
07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
I use herbal soup, shampoo and lotion because me too has sensitive skin and i'd like to go more natural than ever because no one beats it. Natural stuff is better off because it is mild and skin friendly. So go for natural.

michelle po
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
organic is the best! As for me, i have very sensitive skin and i just can't go and try anything that i want. BUT i can try anything organic as long as i like :D

Roi
11-01-2009, 08:04 AM
chinee - Herabl using chemical too...
I agree with michelle po. organic / natural products are better than the others. I'm using Dead Sea products by Minerals which don't contain any harmful ingredients

Kliz
11-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't have the time or expertise to make my own products.. or the money for that matter. I wish there were more all natural products on the market at a low cost. What exactly are the harms that products out there produce? I live on the east coast and have never seen any "all-natural" stores unfortunately

y34963
11-07-2009, 02:04 AM
You have to be careful when buying 'natural' products. Be sure to read labels as they may not be as 'natural' as you think. Organic and natural means two different things. Just be careful.

Roi
11-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I agree.
There are few cosmetics companies that writing "all natural" or "organic" but in fact aren't.

Kliz - Every cosmetics company that honer itself have on-line store. The company that I'm working at (Minerals) have more than 1.

skinlover
03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
I use Simple products and to be honest they're pretty cheap and chemical free. :)

girl123
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Right, Natural skin care products are always very effective and not harmful for the skin. This will also help to save money. There are number of natural remedies which are good for care of our skin like turmeric, lemon, milk and fruits.

katheryngumb
11-25-2016, 03:28 AM
For my skincare I'm still using Belo Essentials Product.

addisoncave
12-08-2016, 07:09 AM
now in India most famous are Patanjali products but mostly we use dove products.

Shizakhan
09-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Yes, natural things are very good I also want to use all the natural products but in this busy time, it is complete to manage the time. But along with busy routine, i try to use natural remedies for my skin care as possible. are herbal products also free from any side effects..? Natural ingredients really give you a completely change look for long time without any side effect..