PDA

View Full Version : Help! Toddler has rash in a straight line down middle of nose - doesn't itch.

nattyville
08-03-2014, 11:37 PM
A few weeks ago my 3 year old developed a thin line down the middle of her nose. It is slightly raised, slightly red, and runs from the middle of her nose down to the end of her nose. You can see a couple super tiny bumps near the top of it, but otherwise it is a smooth line. It doesn't bother her or itch. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't & doesn't appear to be. Does anyone know what this could be, & what I could put on it to help it go away? THANKS!

Dr.Saiyan
08-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi Marie! Welcome to the forum. Could you post some good pictures of baby lesions so that we can suggest you something.

nattyville
08-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Marie! Welcome to the forum. Could you post some good pictures of baby lesions so that we can suggest you something.

Hi! I tried to take some good photos, the line doesn't show up too clear in them, but it's quite obvious in person. It's almost colorless, but slightly red/purple, and slightly raised to the touch. Perhaps it isn't a rash b/c it doesn't seem to itch, not sure what it could be and how to treat it. Thanks! 269726982699

nattyville
08-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Any idea what this could possibly be?

Dr.Saiyan
08-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi Marie! Though your pic are very unclear your condition seems like midline nevus flammeus which is also called salmon patch or angle kiss to me. which is result of dilation of cutaneous blood vessel. You do not need to worry most of the patch resolve on its own until childhood.

nattyville
10-22-2014, 09:36 PM
At my daughter's dr appt, I asked about the line down her nose. It gets more obvious when she runs around, hardly noticeable in the mornings. Anyway, he said it is like a raspberry birthmark, similar in that it's a raised blood vessel. He said there was nothing I could do about diminishing its appearance. Is there anything you would recommend? Also, is it normal for something like this to just appear on a child age 3? Thanks!