PDA

View Full Version : Razor bumps after shaving,please help

avinav
11-20-2008, 10:47 AM
yesterday i shaved my down there and OMG its itching too much and i have bumps down there.Is it some kind of infection ? what should i do ? please help

Dr.Deepak
11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Looks like its folliculitis ,well there is nothing to worry about.You don't need any treatment ,just be sure to maintain your hygiene.It is not due to infection as most people think ,its due to foreign body inflammatory reaction.But if the lesion are deep contact your doc as it also might be staph.infection.

avinav
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
o.k thank you ,now all bumps are gone by itself, just few left and itching has also gone .Will never shave now haha its so itchy..

mimico
11-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Avinav, you're so funny! It's a good warning for others though I really will think about going through what you just did. I actually waxed a part of my back a few weeks ago and it itched as well. Not it doesn't itch anymore but I have a lot of red pimple like dots that don't go away but just dry up. :(

stellabell
12-30-2016, 02:38 AM
Luckily, there are some natural materials which can help you treat staph infection:

1. Tea Tree Oil
Tee tree oil is listed as one of the best home remedies for staph infection. The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties from tea tree oil can effectively relieve uncomfortable symptoms of infections on the skin as well as improve the healing[4].

How to use:

Moisten a cotton swab and drop some oil on it. Directly apply on the affected area. After couples of hour, cleanse it off.
Make a mixture from a teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel with some drops of oil and a little bit of honey. Directly apply onto the affected area. After couples of hour, cleanse it off.
Perform those remedies for 1 to 2 times per day until there are positive changes.

2. Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a helpful tip on how to get rid of staph infection. The antibacterial as well as healing properties from this New Zealand honey can help sterilize the infected part and improve the healing as well as prevent infections from coming back.
How to use:

Directly apply some honey onto the affected area.
After couples of hour, cleanse it off.
Perform couples of time per day until there are positive changes.