PDA

View Full Version : Went vegan, got rashy

Flakyguy
04-30-2014, 05:03 AM
So, I've recently gone vegan and a little less than a month into it I'm developing a rash in the sensitive skin areas on my body (undersides of my arms, sides of my torso, backs of my knees, a little around my left eye, neck, and for some reason, my lower back). It's been getting progressively worse, sometimes better. It's heavier on my right side. I'm not sure if it's dietary, a natural biological change my body is going through or a combination of the two. I haven't changed my laundry detergent. My body soap has not changed, if anything I've improved the quality if soap with an emphasis on non-fragrant and natural soap choices. I have begun eating nutritional yeast as a supplement to my lack of animal protein, and it's delicious, but I thought that might be something to consider. Also I'm eating more quinoa and rice, though I've never had issues with these foods in the past. There's also the change in season to consider, but I've NEVER had allergies to anything and this seems unlikely considering the rash is localized to only certain parts of my body. This sucks. I don't like it and I'd love some immediate help. Thanks y'all!