PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a Patch Testing

Hariharan
11-15-2008, 08:25 PM
i sometimes gets all rashes on my body.i take medicine and it all go but then again it comes .don't know wht is causing it.visited doctors and took medicine .after i take medicine its fine but again it comes ,so doctor suggest me to take a "patch test". I'm afraid what is this patch test.does it have any side effect.

Dr.Deepak
11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
It is the diagnostic method to find out what is causing you allergy.It comes with prepacked common 24 to 30 allergens found in your country and is applied in skin to see which allergen is causing allergy.it is kept atleast 48 hrs if there is no immediate allergic reaction.If you find immediate allergic reaction you can just remove and find which one actually caused you allergy.Its easy method and you don't need to worry about.

Hariharan
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
o.k thank you .i'll go for allergic test this tuesday.hope they find the real culprit that is causing allergy.

mimico
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Really? Is that it? I thought they scratch your skin as well which may sometimes hurt a bit? If it's as easy as it sounds then maybe I should get one too! :) How long does this normally take though? Can it be done on the arm?

Hariharan
03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
yea they did it on my arm and it was due to Soya allergy thank you .. now avoided eating Soya and now i'm fine.

Starchild47
03-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Thats great that you found out what it was so easily. I had the scratch tests done and had about 80 up and down each arm and they never did find what I was allergic to exactly. I still have reactions in the spring and fall so I keep over the counter medication here to keep from having another asthma attack.

Hariharan
02-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Happily ever, its almost 1 year and it never came back, yea--hee.

vencasand
03-08-2010, 02:06 PM
just wanted to remind anyone who is having allergy testing not to take an antihistimines for 3 days before testing. i found that out the hard way when my daughter needed to be tested. they didn't tell me about the no antihistimine rule. i couldn't afford to take her back for more testing because she tested negative for everything.