PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify my skin rash (included photos)

dachshundfan
03-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi DermaTalk, I'm hoping you can help me find out the cause behind my sudden skin rashes.
I noticed back in January (around winter time) that my left cheek started growing a little red dry patch.
When the patch was smaller I did not feel any itchiness, but now that the red patch has been growing even bigger the patches have been getting pretty itchy and I have strong urges to scratch them :( I'm starting to get worried.
My right cheek started having the same red dry patch condition but the patch is not as big as the one on my left cheek.
I like to take really warm showers and I noticed that the patches get even drier and redder afterwards, so I am going to try using cooler water from now on.

2627 2628
(left, right cheeks)

I tried putting lotion on the affected areas after a shower but they go back to being dry half an hour later. I also tried putting some vaseline on them last night but found that it may have made them worse because this morning I noticed they're even more noticeably red and widespread now (photos). Now, there are darker red spots within my patches which I found were some blood spots after scratching them a little. (Disconcerting, I know!)

They don't seem to be getting better on their own and I am not sure if the cause is an allergy or because I may have sensitive skin (red areas temporarily show up on some parts of my body if I take a hot shower).

Any thoughts/advice?

additional info: 17 y/o, doesn't use any face wash products, i had hives last summer after a bad case of food poisoning but other than that haven't had history of itchy skin conditions