PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of stretch marks

Cathy30
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Anyone know any good method to get rid of stretch marks that really works.please share.

mimico
11-26-2008, 03:22 AM
You can try Palmer's cocoa butter lotion for stretch marks. It's a brand that specializes in stuff for women who just gave birth. They have breast firming creams, diaper rash creams, anti-itch creams and many more. :) All my cousins who have given birth use this and they think it's nice.

marilynnsyrett
12-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Hi Cathy,

I hate to break the bad news to you but the fact is that stretch marks cannot be completely removed. Their appearnce can only be lightened to match with the surrounding skin and therefore be camouflaged. Use the iS Clinical Super Serum Advance. It evens out the skin tone, improves the skin texture and fades the stretch marks.

Regards,

Marilynn

Kay
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Marilynn's right, you can't. I still have mine twenty years after having my son. They will fade over time to silvery lines but that's about the best that will happen. You can camouflage them as mentioned.

As to the lotions and potions you can get to prevent them in the first place, my doctor told me that's a lot of rubbish. He said that whether you get stretch marks and how severe they are depends on the natural elasticity of your skin and how much punishment it can take before they appear. Mine were very deep, very red and covered my entire abdomen. You could hardly put a pin between them. My ante natal class teacher used to ask me to show people my belly that were complaining about having one or two LOL.

I was very self conscious of them for a long time after the birth, years in fact, but now I don't even think about it. I prefer to see them as a reminder of motherhood. I can tell you no one notices them as much as you do, so try not to fret too much about it. :)

marilynnsyrett
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Kay,

That's a real good though process you have there :) I know people become very conscious of their bodies when they have stretch marks. I believe they should rather have that inner confidence to put up a brave front!

Regards,

Marilynn

mattaff
03-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Prevention is the key/ but i guess thats a bit late for you my partner wacked loads of coca butter on during pregnancy and avoided getting hardly any but the marks she had before will not budge

Cathy30
03-18-2009, 04:15 AM
oh thats bad news.. thanks all for your reply. mine is not that deep just few lines.

whatabreakdown
03-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Hi cathy. The ladies are right. If the marks are very deep, They'll stay there in a very long time. The good news is that they'll turn lighter in color as time pass by. Anyway, if you are still interested in trying something out, the cocoa cream is one and I've read of this product called Renova. You can ask your dermatologist about that. I believe it's also available on almost any pharmacy (http://www.247pharmacy.us/) out there. Good luck and have a great day!

feminaoxay
01-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi,
The massage is most effctive for your strech marks.
Always drink plenty of water.Water helps to keep the skin healthy.
Apply cocoa butte.This is very good for stretch marks.
Take fresh fruits, vegetables, almonds, fish.
You need lemon juice.
you take plenty of protein and foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E, It helps to good tissue growth.
You can use also pinch of turmeric powder.
Hope will help.

Edward Davis
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
All this info is great, i will share it with my wife now that shes pregnant :) thanks to all for sharing it

ketcare
01-23-2013, 02:28 AM
hey, use retin-a on it! i used to have bad stretch mark myself but it almost gone now cuz retin peel the skin off

feminaoxay
01-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Do Massage with aroma oil.
Aloe vera is also to diminish stretch marks.
Apply Egg white.It is skin greatly effects in helping stretch marks.
Cocoa butter is a very famous remedy for stretch marks.
Hope it will best.

starngeboy
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM
strech marks are nasty. But we can't avoid them :S

zhazha
09-14-2013, 10:06 AM
You can try invicible scars. It's a great invention for removing scars of all types. I have used it and i like it most because it is hypoallergenic.

angelicamason
09-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Keep them moisturized. Hypoallergenic scar cream is a great option. Also, diet intake should be proper.

amina
11-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Also, try to maintain your diet. It really helps

Elenashephard
12-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Increase your Vitamin C intake, drink enough water, as the skin looses its elasticity when you are dehydrated. Apply Lemon Juice , Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, skin injuries, acne, and other scars.

Sharon Gomez
12-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi Cathy,

I hate to break the bad news to you but the fact is that stretch marks cannot be completely removed. Their appearnce can only be lightened to match with the surrounding skin and therefore be camouflaged. Use the iS Clinical Super Serum Advance. It evens out the skin tone, improves the skin texture and fades the stretch marks.

Regards,

Marilynn

Hey! please don't say like that I am so afraid of these stretch marks. I think you are also right a bit as I have those from a long back and just tried every cream but won't getting rid of it.

Xavier
12-11-2013, 09:01 AM
You can take vitamin E supplements to get rid from stretch marks. Vitamin E products they can reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Vitamin E helps to us to maintain the skin oil balance in the coursework of the cleansing technique.

marclewis
09-05-2014, 04:53 AM
Keep moisturizing your skin using a moisturizer.

Pantherkaur
09-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Anyone know any good method to get rid of stretch marks that really works.please share.

No need to avoid stretch marks. Follow these tips to get rid of it.
1. To remove stretch marks apply fresh aloe gel.
2. Apply apricot paste on stretch marks.
3. Potato Juice is the best home remedies for stretch marks.
4. Egg whites is good way to remove stretch marks.