PDA

View Full Version : new remedies for getting rid of eczema

Nirmala patel
11-08-2008, 04:49 AM
i got eczema on my hand tried Prednisone and Depromedrol shots but as they might harm so i'm searching for new remedies.if anyone know please do share.

Sabina
11-08-2008, 10:34 AM
have you tried Apple Cider for Eczema
Mimico has it:

http://www.dermatalk.com/showthread.php?t=95

vencasand
11-08-2008, 02:01 PM
would apple cider vinegar taken internally help psoriasis?

Sabina
11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
would apple cider vinegar taken internally help psoriasis?

i'm not quite sure about this,might who knows just try it.. when everything fails this might work wonder..

jeni_fini
11-18-2008, 10:48 AM
several things you can do to PREVENT Eczema is moisturize everyday. This is one key to keeping Eczema away. Also, when you bathe, try to use a soap or wash that does not contain heavy perfumes or deodorants as this can cause a breakout. There are many things that can trigger eczemas such as not enough moisturizing, allergens, etc.

mimico
11-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Hi Nirmala, I don't think apple cider vinegar helps internally. It only fight bacteria on the surface of the skin and it's not really gentle, fyi. But it works and it has no chemicals compared to creams manufactured by pharmacies.

Djmarie21
01-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know if I can take ACV internally while pregnant? I am thinking not, because it also can cause weight loss. I tried to google it, but could not find a definitive answer. Thanks!

Dr.Deepak
01-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Yup there is no enough information about the use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.So avoiding would be the better idea.

Djmarie21
01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the answer. Better safe than sorry! I did try using a cotton ball and rubbing ACV on my eczema areas on my arms and legs. Burned like the dickens, but those areas have not been itching yet! I am not brave enough to do my hands yet, as they are horrid right now. If it works on my arms, I will consider my hands.... maybe....

sindhu_pec
07-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Avoid rubbing or scratching the skin when it becomes red
Avoid overuse of detergents and soaps especially on red and itchy skin
Stay away from the things which can cause allergies
Use gloves to protect your skin from allergic products
Avoid eating high mineral content food like ginger and onion
Avoid eating nuts, especially cashew nuts you are likely to face eczema
Stay away from cold and dry climate