PDA

View Full Version : Can I use facial moisturizer under my eyes?

catherine
11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
i heard from different peoples and sources that we can't use facial moisturizer under our eyes.Is it true? if yes why can't we use it please suggest.

mimico
11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Of course you can. I think it'll work just fine, but of course many companies have come up with special eye creams and gels formulated for the eye area because the skin around our eyes is just more sensitive. Many eye creams help to reduce dark circles, puffiness, and lines. But if you just want to moisturize your face including the skin around your eyes then using a regular moisturizer should be okay. :)

Dr.Deepak
11-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Mine answer would be No .
Our skin around the eyes is very thin in compare to face so it needs its own formula.And the PH of face differs from around the eyes so using facial moisturisers might disrupt the pH which might further result in white bumps like pimples or millia.So Use a product that are special made for eyes and follow the directions accordingly.

Kay
12-22-2008, 09:55 PM
My understanding is that facial creams tend to be too heavy for the delicate eye area and can make your skin puffier around your eyes when the skin soaks them up. To be honest that's the first I've heard of the pH being different in different parts of your face.

Eye creams are so expensive, that's the thing, especially when you compare the price per ounce with most facial creams. Perhaps if you were to use a facial cream that was more in the light side rather than a heavy overnight type one that would be a good compromise. I stick with baby lotion because I'm too cheap to splash out on more expensive eye creams most of the time. :D

Elena K
12-23-2008, 01:16 AM
I would say no. Facial moisturizers were not designed for the sensitive skin around eyes, and are not gentle enough.

catherine
12-23-2008, 02:34 AM
hey thank you all for your reply. Looks like everyone is no. I'm happy now.