PDA

View Full Version : Causes and remedies of dark circles

kevinkrieger
02-05-2014, 12:02 PM
What causes dark circles & bags under the eyes? and how to get rid of it??

ChristinaRose
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Irrespective of what doctors tell ... dark circles has a lot to do with our lifestyle and diet.

Under eye circles can be due to lack of sleep or even stress ... though it goes away after a day or two of rest. However, if it persists ... drinking more water, under eye massage with almond milk or oil and cucumber juice will bring down under eye circles.

Under eye bags according to alternative medicine is due to excess toxins accumulation in one's body. Drinking more water and adequate rest are suggested ...

A slice of potato or cucumber can be placed on your eyes for about 30 minutes ... tea bags also help bring down the puffiness.

Or you can also dab a cotton ball in cold milk or cold water and place on your eyes for few minutes.

You can also apply egg white as it tightens the skin around your eyes and brings down the puffiness.

Hope these tips help with under eye circles and under eye bags.

Regards

Terry
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Under eye dark circles generally occurs due to stress, lack of sleep, some diseases or it may be occur due to hereditary disorders. Better to avoid these things if possible. Or another easy and simple cure of dark circles is to stay hydrated, yeah drink plenty of water if possible because its internally make your skin healthy and help to reduce dark spots on face. Rather you can use skin brightener by dermology really effective and good.

Emily Kristina
04-08-2014, 07:01 AM
I know dark circles look very ugly on face. Well there are many causes of dark circles like sunlight exposure, improper sleep, eye dryness, sit on computer for long hours. I was also suffering from the same problem and at last I started apply ice cubes on my face twice a day for 10 minutes and it works great for me. I think You should try this simple remedy. Ice helps in improve the blood circulation of our skin.

marclewis
08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Causes of dark circles:
Fatigue and shortage of sleep
Sinus problems and pregnancy
Hormonal imbalances
Remedies of dark circles:
Cucumber
Potato
sleep of at least seven to eight hours
Application of cold tea bags
Avoid smoking, drinking, eating junk foods
Take Vitamin C and Iron

sharncheema
09-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Causes of dark circles:
Fatigue and shortage of sleep
Sinus problems and pregnancy
Hormonal imbalances
Remedies of dark circles:
Cucumber
Potato
sleep of at least seven to eight hours
Application of cold tea bags
Avoid smoking, drinking, eating junk foods
Take Vitamin C and Iron
Thanks for sharing effective tips.

TConnelly
09-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey, I've heard that Vitamin "K" will help lighten under-eye circles. Vitamin K and retinol can (and possibly should) be used together. Good luck

ziesha098
09-04-2014, 09:42 AM
nowadays I've started applying nature bound exfoliator to the skin under my eyes and I have started getting results.

restbits
10-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Irrespective of what doctors tell ... dark circles has a lot to do with our lifestyle and diet.

Under eye circles can be due to lack of sleep or even stress ... though it goes away after a day or two of rest. However, if it persists ... drinking more water, under eye massage with almond milk or oil and cucumber juice will bring down under eye circles.

Under eye bags according to alternative medicine is due to excess toxins accumulation in one's body. Drinking more water and adequate rest are suggested ...

A slice of potato or cucumber can be placed on your eyes for about 30 minutes ... tea bags also help bring down the puffiness.

Or you can also dab a cotton ball in cold milk or cold water and place on your eyes for few minutes.

You can also apply egg white as it tightens the skin around your eyes and brings down the puffiness.

Hope these tips help with under eye circles and under eye bags.

Regards

"tea bags also help bring down the puffiness..." Really? I should try this one. Thank you for sharing.

dia1
10-24-2014, 11:09 AM
The Skin around our eyes are skin it also need feed like our body. If you don't take lot of water, salt, iron and vitaman k in an sufficient manner and then you must have dark circles under your eyes.

I bet if you start drinking 2-8 glass of milk a day, eat 2 cups of spinach, get some 10hr of sleep and take vitamin C 4 to build your immune system properly and they will grow dim soon.

hiashtongrey
11-19-2014, 09:03 AM
There are umpteen reasons why dark circles appear under the eyes but the most common cause is stressed eyes. Lack of sleep accelerates the condition. You can try topical creams that can be gently massaged on the skin below the eyes for relief. Keeping skin moisturized is extremely important for minimizing the appearance of dark circles and bags under the eyes. Avocado Oil is one of the best ways of treating dark circles. It has vital vitamins that improve circulation and makes skin smooth and soft.

mariawatson
01-06-2015, 04:30 AM
My puffiness around eyes has almost gone with Sakare Eye care. I apply both their eye cream and eye serum on a daily basis. They keep my sensitive areas around eyes perfectly moisturized and nourished. They don’t even cause any irritation and help me look fresh even in the evening after working all day long.

pharmacysell
01-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Its much beneficial to take proper amount of water, fruits,iron, salt to make the skin more smooth and to get rid of dark circles under your eyes.

Emma Brown
01-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Unlike everyone i would not again mention causes & reasons for dark circles. I would recomend to use cream that contains natural ingredients in it,also it gives result faster.

AndrewWilliams
03-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Very useful information and tips about dark circles. In my opinion all remedies work when you change your lifestyle. If you don't sleep regularly at night for at least 6 to 8 hours, the use of all these remedies is in vain. So first correct your lifestyle if you want to get rid of dark circles.

Deery1979
08-31-2015, 09:14 AM
Here are some amazing and effective home remedies for getting rid of dark circles under eyes.

1 Apply a paste made from a teaspoon of tomato juice, half teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of gramflour. Keep it for 10 minutes. This is very effective and one of the famous home remedies for dark circles under eyes

2. Eight hours of sleep is necessary and recommended for all.
Apply cucumber or potato juice on the eyes with cotton balls.

3. Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice on the dark circles twice a day. Good Home Remedy for Dark Circles.
Application of used cold tea bag will soothe the eyes and cure dark circles of the eyes. Another Good Home Remedy for Dark Circles.

4. Drink tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt.

5. Make a mixture of lemon juice, cucumber juice and lanolin cream, apply under the eyes and keep for 10-15 minutes. This remedy is very simple and good home remedy for dark circles under eyes

6. Use sunglasses when going out in sun to protect the eyes from the harmful rays.

7. Drinking good amount of water also helps in lightening the dark circles under the eyes.
8. Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for treatment of dark circles under the eyes. This is very effectivehome remedy for dark circles under eyes.
9. To reduce the puffiness and dark circles of the eyes apply freezed cucumber juice. Good Home Remedy for Dark Circles.
10. Almond oil is considered best in removing the dark circles. Massage the area with the oil at night before going to bed.
11. Application of cream with vitamin E and C also helps in reducing the dark circles.

12. Apply crushed mint leaves under the eyes for 20 minutes.
13. Sarvangasana is the best yoga posture to reduce puffiness and dark circles of the eyes and it should be performed daily. Among yogic kriyas Jal Neti is the most beneficial and should be done 5 times a week.

14. Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 3 weeks. This is effective in reducing dark circles around eyes and is also one of the good home remedies if you're wondering how to get rid of eye bags.

15. Keep cotton balls dipped in rose water under the eyes for 10 minutes daily.

16. Eat vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamin E for healthy eyes

Vaileria
09-28-2015, 06:46 AM
I have heard about Stemuderm anti-aging cream. Skin-firming complex increases collagen synthesis to enhance elasticity and perfect tone. Revitalizing formula infused with a proven stem cell complex that can delay skin aging and encourage regeneration and repair. It is concentrated anti aging solution having scientific approach.

stevex
10-29-2015, 04:55 AM
Some of the common causes of dark circles under the eyes include:
• Sleep Deprivation is the most common cause
• Oversleeping can also cause dark eye circles.
• Heredity
• Allergies
• Stress
• Anemia
• Crying
• Lifestyle
• Skin pigmentation abnormalities
• Excessive exposure to the sun
Here are top ten ways to get rid of dark circles fast:
• Almond Oil: Lightly massage a little almond oil under your eyes daily before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
• Cucumber: Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices on to the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
• Raw Potato: Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Allow the juice to sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
• Rose water: Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids. Leave them on for about 15 minutes. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
• Tomato: Mix one tbsp of tomato juice with one-half tbsp of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
• Lemon juice: Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
• Coconut oil: Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut oil on the under eye area. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off. Repeat two or three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
• Tea Bags: Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and wash your face. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
• Cold Compress: Soak a wash cloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eye lids for several minutes.
• Turmeric: Mix two tbsp each of turmeric powder with pine apple juice to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to the affected area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth. Do this daily until you get positive results.

thenewyou
11-23-2015, 05:20 AM
Best Tips for dark circles ;
1. Tomatoes
2. Grated potatoes:
3. Cold tea bags:
4. Cold milk:
5. Orange juice:
6. Yoga/meditation:

flma
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I think sleep has a lot to do with dark circles....

loveyourskin
12-12-2016, 06:17 AM
The skin under our eyes becomes thinner as we age which sometimes results in a darker color. I love Rodan + Fields
Redefine multifunction eye cream because it not only helps reduce darkness under the eyes but also reduces puffiness and crows feet. It's a top selling product and can be returned if you're not satisfied!

wangxiang851
03-10-2017, 07:06 AM
inappropriate sleeping habits and less water intake and unhygienic food may cause dark circles and eye bags are due to stress or sometimes due to high blood pressure.
i heard some where about vitamin C and vitamin K for dark circles reduction and elimination.

Dubaicosmetic
03-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Don't need any bet after drinking 2-8 glass of milk :p
one more is that for permanent treatment laser treatment is best in these days

MichaelRiggins
03-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Keeping a cotton dipped in cold milk or water can be helpful.

AshleySawyer
04-15-2017, 04:48 PM
The dark circle and under eye bags are really irritating. You look into the mirror and the focus directlt jumps to them. Really hate them. I use Green Tea Bags to fight this. After using the green teas bags for my morning tea, i refrigerate them for a while and then keep them on my eyes for 15 to 20 minutes. Green Tea is really soothing and curing to my under eye skin. I feel extremely relaxed by doing this.

Beru
07-21-2017, 04:30 PM
For me is not enough sleep!! O_O

This article not bad! can read to gain some knowledge =D

Beru
08-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Can try this!

Raw potatoes have natural bleaching compounds that can help lighten dark circles and reduce the puffiness around the eyes. Grate 2 raw potatoes and extract the juice. Soak cotton pads in the juice and place them over your eyes. Rest for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse the eyes with cool water. Repeat it daily for 2 weeks.

Shizakhan
08-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Rest is most important in your life, when you live active and care for your diet then dark circles cannot appear on your face. Avoid to go in sunshine and when you go then use any best Sunblock cream it protects you. So a little care can keep you safe from dark circles.

Shizakhan
08-28-2017, 10:33 AM
The dark circle can run in families, it appears when you rub or scratch your eyes. Sun exposure that prompts the body to increase more melanin, pigment which provides skin its color. Fat loss and thinning skin or collagen can be a cuse of dark cirlces as it is common with age. Lack of sleeping and dehyderation and weakness can be a cuse of dark circles.

LightSky
09-06-2017, 01:37 AM
Please sleep earlier and change your lifestyle habits if you can.

Or maybe, you can try a free solution like:
1. Place warm teabags over your eyes for a few minutes.

2. Soothe your eyes with cold cucumbers.

If it doesn't work, then you have to facial your skin:

3. A temporary and quick fix by using Instantly Ageless that works within 2 minutes.

4. A permanent fix is to use LUMINESCE Cellular Rejuvenation Serum which is developed by dermatologist, it helps to remove eye bags, dark circles, wrinkles, fine lines, stretch marks, heals wound, face lift, whitening and reveal your unique glow. It's Paraben free. My cousin-in-law currently is using. From his look, nobody is able to guess his age correctly.

Hope this will help :)