PDA

View Full Version : Longer lasting lipstick

mimico
11-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello friends and dermatalk-ers! Here's a quick and easy tip to prolong you lipstick for those days when you have to have lunch or dinner or cocktails with people you want to impress:

1. dab on a little clear lip balm for extra moisture
2. wear your usual shade of lipstick
3. apply a thin layer of gloss over your lips to seal off the color

I like using Lancome Juicy Tubes because it goes on clear and adds a subtle and natural-looking hue to my lips.

K1nS
11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us, it sounds easy to do and sounds like it will give you good results

mimico
11-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Thanks for sharing this with us, it sounds easy to do and sounds like it will give you good results

Yes, it takes less than a minute to do this! And you don't even have to use Lancome Juicy Tubes if you don't have any. A tube would cost around $20 which might be quite pricey compared to other lip glosses out there, so you can go ahead and buy something from the Body Shop or whatever fits your budget.

davidross
11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Another option would be permanent makeup, which is the ultimate long-lasting lipstick.

Kay
12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Mimico, is Juicy Tubes a sticky lip gloss? I hate ones that make me feel like my lips are gummed up.

There was one I bought years ago and I can't remember the name, but it had a lipstick sealer in one end and the color in the other. It was the first of that kind to come out if I remember right so I tried it. Ugh, what a makeup disaster that was! It was horribly dry on the lips and while the sealer did its job and kept the color in place, it felt unpleasant. I think it was a Max Factor one or L'Oreal...I know it wasn't expensive anyway.

Kay
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Another option would be permanent makeup, which is the ultimate long-lasting lipstick! You can find more info about this by clicking here.

I know some may like that idea but it doesn't appeal to me at all. For two reasons: one, makeup trends change. Just for argument's sake, if you'd got it done in the 1960's, you'll be walking around with eyeliner as thick as a marker pen and lips as pale as cotton candy. Not exactly an " in" look.

And for those of you too young to recall what that looks like, this is a fair representation of 60/s makeup:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7255/mufaceux9.jpg

Reason #2: At 42, I'm not wearing the makeup I wore as a teen. (I like to think on that as my way of making the world a better place, sparing you all that!) In twenty years, I'll not be wanting to wear the same makeup what I'm wearing today. My hair will be white and I'll need to match my makeup to my hair and skin tones then.

People change and usually change their look over the years to find the most flattering one that suits them at that particular point in life. I wouldn't like to settle on a look now that I'll never change. Just my thoughts on it. :)

beatrix_kiddo
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
First moisturise your lips. Then use the concealer or foundation that you used on your face on your lips. And then use the lip colour or lipstick. This makes the lipstick last muc longer and is suggested by a lot of make up artists. Also the colour dosent spread around which happens to be a major concern of mine. :o

marclewis
08-20-2014, 09:33 AM
You can apply foundation on your lips before lipstick for long lasting.

Pantherkaur
08-21-2014, 12:17 PM
You can use best products of make up. Elle18, avon, blue heaven and mac are the best for long lasting lipstick.

sharncheema
08-29-2014, 04:28 AM
It is a very good tip for long lasting lipstick.