PDA

View Full Version : Does eating Chocolate causes more acne

Anamica
10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I heard from many of my friends that eating more chocolates gives you acne.How much is it true,i'm confused.any any one explain how much is it true.

babydoll18
10-31-2008, 03:19 PM
i eat lots of chocolates but never got acne due to it. i think its just a myth,its not true :h8:

beefire9
10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
no its not true,they are just a fairy tales.:mad:

Zenisha
11-01-2008, 09:39 AM
i don't think it causes acne too.they are sweet and good..forget about acne :p

Sandra
11-01-2008, 10:30 AM
thanks god i don't like chocolate :p

mimico
11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
My derma says that because of the fat content of chocolates, eating a lot can cause pimples. Basically, food rich in fatty oils like pizza, chips, fries, nuts can cause pimples when you eat too much.

I think that if you don't eat too much and that if you have a very good anti-pimple cleanser then there's nothing to worry about. :)

skinee
11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
It's the junk they put in cheap chocolate that cause acne. I only eat the chocolaterave chocolate which as acai berry in it. It not only helps me to lose weight, but no acne. In fact, my skin looks better. I get the nuggets and they are huge and yummy!

But for those who want a quick acne fix, go to itworkspaste and get their zit pencil. This thing works so good. It makes the acne heal quick and covers it amazingly well.

I first used their product for other stuff other than acne, but just bought their zit pencil and LOVE IT!

Dr.Deepak
11-02-2008, 01:03 AM
http://dermatalk.com/blogs/skin-disorders/acne/does-eating-chocolate-causes-acne/

akshaykalia
03-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Eating chocolate does not cause pimples. Skin care experts agree that acne is not caused by any specific food, including French fries, candy, soda, or potato chips.

The real acne causes are a buildup of dead skin cells within the pore, an excess of skin oil (called sebum), and a proliferation of acne-causing bacteria. None of these factors are triggered by the foods we eat.

soulrider
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
i dont think so it is true..even i read some article that chocolates cause pimples and all..but thats all crap..

MaryMary
11-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Thats funny. I never eat chocolate,but still i get acne frequently.

vencasand
11-22-2009, 01:16 PM
i did some research and i couldn't find anywhere that any specific food caused acne. most the papers said acne was from hormones. they did say to eat a healthy diet. but that was for the whole body to be healthy. i think chocolate is delicious. and the occasional chocolate candy makes a person feel good.

gblack
11-23-2009, 02:56 AM
As stated before, there are some fatty acids and oils that can increase your risks of acne, but I would say not to get caught up on chocolate causing acne. There are a lot worse side effects of chocolate to worry about.

marilynnsyrett
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Hmmm.. I tend to get a couple of pimples whenever I over-indulge in chocolates. I guess the trick is to keep your diet balanced. If you are eating more chocolates and experiencing acne, then I guess you should include more green ven\getables and Vitamin C in ur diet as well in addition to using acne skin care products of course.

y34963
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
No, chocolate doesn't cause acne. There have been many studies does regarding chocolate and acne. From what I have read acne is hormonal. So go ahead, eat that chocolate as it is wonderful for you - in moderation of course :D