PDA

View Full Version : Recurring rash

Astra
10-25-2008, 07:48 PM
For about 3 months I have been having flare ups of a rash and my doctor has no idea what it is. The rash isn't bumpy like a normal rash it's red, raised, warm to the touch when it first shows up, the area feels swollen and it's incredibly itchy. It shows up on various parts of my body but it's usually only on one part at a time. Right now it's on my right arm but I've had it on my legs, neck, chest, stomach and arms at different times.

Sometimes once one spot clears up it will appear in another area and other times it goes away for a week or two but it always comes back. We've ruled out any type of poison and my doctor ran all kinds of blood work but nothing showed up other than a slightly low iron level.

I'm not using any new products and I'm not eating any new or unusual foods. I have an appointment with a dermatologist but unfortunately it's not until the end of December.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be? The itching is driving me crazy, nothing seems to relieve it.

Sabina
10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
i'm not sure what is it but i guess this might help you,check it.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/tools/symptom/545.html

Astra
10-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you, I've gone through a couple of those questionaire type things and what I have doesn't fall into any of the questions they ask. It's really weird. My family doctor is totally stumped which is why she referred me to a dermatologist. I just wish I didn't have to wait until December 30th to get in.

vencasand
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
may i ask a question? has something stressfull happened in your life lately? stressful situations and sometimes even the changing of seasons can make me itch!! stress and worry might be the culprits. your doctor did the right thing sending you to a derm. sorry i can't be more help.

Anamica
10-31-2008, 03:06 PM
yea sometime stress can also cause you rash..which most people don't remember.. do you have any stress these days.

nlp18
12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi, Admin might have good knowledge on this, it is better to enquire him. He gave me suggestions lot of times.

Dr.Deepak
12-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Well your dermatologist might have seen by this time.what does he/she diagnosed ? Was your symptoms diagnosed ? If not is the rashes associated with fever or any other symptoms besides itching?

If you diagnosed still not confirmed then you might go for checkup for blood glucose,renal function test, liver function test,thyroid function test to rule out diabetes mellitus,kidney diseases, liver disease or thyroid disorders. Some Blood disorders such as leukemia might also cause such condition. Let us know if you rashes are not still diagnosed please do post a pic so we can look over it. Or your problem just might be dermatitis,fungal infection or bacterial infection.

nlp18
12-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Admin, Thanks for your suggestions given to her.

Astra
12-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been back to update. I saw the derm almost two months ago and they took a biopsy and it came back as dermatitis. The really weird thing is that it hasn't shown up again since I had the last round of it and that was right before I saw the dermatologist. I hope it is gone for good. I haven't really changed any products and the only thing that changed was about that time we got a new mattress.

As for the blood work suggestion, my doctor originally ran all kinds of blood work when I saw her about it. I sat and looked up all the codes and all of the things suggested were tested for but other than hypothyroidism, which I've had for years, nothing showed up.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. I will update if there are any changes.