PDA

View Full Version : Choosing The Best Facial cleanser For Your Skin

Dr.Deepak
06-30-2008, 04:32 PM
What is the best way to cleanse the face?
Individuals have been seeking the answer to this question for decades.Dermatologists agree that there are many acceptable methods for removing oil and dirt from the face, but each individual's needs are different and what works for one person may not work for another. Adding to people's confusion are the new cleansing products and tools that arrive on the market each day.

Dermatologist Zoe D. Draelos, M.D., clinical associate professor in the department of dermatology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine,Winston-Salem, N.C., discussed the traditional and new methods of facial cleansing and which ingredients and tools are most beneficial for each skin type.

"There are three ways to cleanse the face: facial cleansers, implements or the use of a cleansing product along with a supplemental tool," stated Dr.Draelos. "There are an overwhelming number of facial cleansing products, implements and tools available today. The most important thing an individual can do to determine the best facial cleansing routine is to visit a dermatologist who can provide recommendations based on the patient's skin type and lifestyle."

Facial Cleansers - Soap
Many dermatologists advise their patients never to use soap on their faces. One variety of soap, known as a comber, is typically a deodorant or highly fragranced cleanser that contains detergent ingredients too harsh for the face, but more appropriate for the body.

A soap-free cleanser that is appropriate for use on the face, depending on the skin's sensitivity, is called a syndet. Beauty bars, mild cleansing bars and sensitive skin bars are examples of syndets, which include synthetic detergent cleansers that have a lower pH, the measure for product acidity and a predictor of irritation. A cleanser with a higher, more alkaline pH is likely to disrupt the natural skin barrier on the face. However, these products may not remove sebum, or oil, from extremely oily skin. Most liquid facial cleansers are of this type.

Lipid-free Cleansers
Lipid-free cleansers are liquid products that clean without using lipids, or fats. "Lipid-free cleansers are best for patients with excessively dry or sensitive skin," said Dr. Draelos. "However, they are not very effective at removing oil or environmental dirt and are only recommended where minimal cleansing is needed." Ingredients found in these cleansers, such as glycerin,cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, sodium laurel and sulfate, leave behind a thin, moisturizing film, making these products ineffective for those with acne.

Cleansing Cream
Cleansing creams are very popular among mature women who grew up in an era where this was the only alternative to the harsh soaps of the past. Most cleansing creams are composed of water, mineral oil, petrolatum and waxes,making them attractive to patients with dry skin. Cleansing creams are a convenient one-step process, providing both removal of cosmetics and cleansing all in one.

Abrasive Scrubs
Abrasive scrubs incorporate a variety of ingredients which not only clean the face, but provide various degrees of exfoliation. "Scrubs were developed after it was found that exfoliating produced smoother skin," stated Dr.Draelos. "The challenge with abrasive scrubs is that the scrubbing granules can cause irritation, redness or slight wounds on the face."

The most abrasive scrubs include ingredients such as aluminum oxide particles and ground fruit pits, and these rough-edged particles are not appropriate for use on sensitive skin. However, most skin types can tolerate a mild facial scrub that contains polyethylene beads which are smooth and round, or sodium tetraborate decahydrate granules which soften and dissolve during use.

Skin Cleansing Tools
The desire for a more thorough cleansing than can be achieved by using the fingertips led to the development of various cleaning implements and tools that assist individuals in even-distribution of a product on the face."Individuals who use implements or tools with cleansers often feel that they are getting a deeper clean, but cleansing involves the chemical interaction of the cleanser with the skin accompanied by the physical act of scrubbing," said Dr. Draelos. "Dermatologists can help individuals select the appropriate implement or tool to include in a good facial hygiene routine."

Woven Mesh
Introduced at the same time as abrasive scrubs, woven mesh products induce exfoliation with an implement instead of an ingredient. The first mesh products on the market were actually non-woven, polyester fiber sponges that were designed to remove open comedones, or blocked pores. However, the fiber stiffness was too harsh for most skin types and was subsequently softened.Now, these sponges have been re-designed to be gentler and to incorporate a mild cleanser designed for various skin types.

Face Cloths
The disposable facial cleansing cloth is a new product that is composed of a combination of fibers intertwined to create a soft, yet strong, cloth.These cloths are commonly packaged dry and include a cleanser that foams when the cloth is moistened. The type of cleanser in the cloth depends on whether strong or moderate oil and dirt removal is required. "The recent addition of humectants and emollients to these cloths can decrease the damage to the skin's natural barrier that occurs during cleansing and help smooth the skin,"stated Dr. Draelos. "These ingredients also are especially beneficial for those of us with dry skin who need to wash frequently."

The weave of the cloth itself is as important as the type of ingredients found in the cloth. Open-weave cloths, with visible holes in the cloth, have a small space between the fiber bundles to increase the cloth's softness and decrease the contact between the skin and cloth, creating a milder exfoliant effect. Closed-weave cloths, with no visible holes in the cloth, have a much tighter weave and provide a more aggressive exfoliation, depending on the amount of pressure and length of time used to stroke the cloth over the face.Open weave cloths are recommended for persons with sensitive skin, while closed weave cloths are recommended for persons with oily skin or those wishing for more aggressive exfoliation.

Cleansing Pouch
A new variation on the cleansing cloth is the cleansing pouch where ingredients are placed between two fibered cloths containing holes of various diameters. The size of the hole determines how quickly the contents of the pouch are released onto the skin's surface. While the cleansing pouch can give a regulated delivery system for cleansing and conditioning, it does not produce as much exfoliation as a cleansing cloth.

Face Brush
The newest technique for facial cleansing is the face brush, which was developed by the same team of researchers who developed the electric toothbrush. This mechanized, hand-held device uses an oscillating brush head with soft, tufted bristles to evenly disperse, lather and cleanse the face with the individuals' preferred cleanser. According to Dr. Draelos, the effectiveness of this cleansing tool depends on the type of bristle, how much pressure is applied and the type of cleanser being used.

"While each of these cleansers and tools offers unique advantages,ultimately, working with a dermatologist to determine the skin's tolerance for certain cleansing ingredients is the best way to keep facial skin clean and healthy," said Dr. Draelos.

Reference:American Academy of Dermatology

chicque
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
i want to add one more thing to this: natural cleansing.
most dermatologists would agree (well, this is what my derma told me anyway) that unless you were out all night digging in the, your face is not dirty. so you shouldn't overwash it because it will leave it dry.

natural cleansers include milk cleansers and honey cleansers (you can find these at drugstores)

alice
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Great info admin! Thanks for this thorough review and advice on various facial cleansers. Just to add one thing, if we go for a triple action trick, it can work amazingly..now, whats that?..you will need to follow these three steps to get a glowing and healthy skin day after day! I have tried it and it has worked for me too.

1. Cleanse your face with any good cleanser of your choice.
2. Tone it with a good toner of your choice.
3. Moisturize it with a good and oil-free moisturizer of your choice.:D

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
yes i am agreed with the points discuss above and i would also like to add a point that the ph value of soap is also a important indicator.

hnicolassuero
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
What about the brands. There are brands of products better than others. What brands do you recommend, such as avon or others you think will make a good work in your skin

skincare
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
We must be aware too of the ph of the cleanser we are using. Personally, I am using ph balance cleanser. If the ph of your cleanser is base, then it will rip off the skin's nutrients and if the ph of the cleanser is acidic, it will leave your skin dry.

Reena
10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you think Clinique products are good? I'm using it currently and I felt that is the best product I have used this far. Any ideas on that? Please share it with me.

katherine
01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Ya its good only but should use it in the right way.

marilynnsyrett
02-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Great post!

One thing to be understood is that the skin on the face is thinner and much more fragile than the skin on the rest of your body. That's is why it requires special treatment. Also, the choice of facila cleansers should depend on your skin type and condition. While people with oily skin should use a lightweight cleanser and those with dry skin should use a more creamier solution.

Regards,

Marilynn

Starchild47
02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
One big thing to remember is not to dry the skin out too much especially if your skin tends to be dry or sensitive already. Some cleaners are very drying. Soaps tend to be drying in nature unless they are hand made soaps.
Astringents and even some toners are drying to the skin too so if you use these things be sure and moisterize afterwards and drink lots of water to replace the hydration in your skin.

marilynnsyrett
02-24-2009, 08:09 AM
One big thing to remember is not to dry the skin out too much especially if your skin tends to be dry or sensitive already. Some cleaners are very drying. Soaps tend to be drying in nature unless they are hand made soaps.
Astringents and even some toners are drying to the skin too so if you use these things be sure and moisterize afterwards and drink lots of water to replace the hydration in your skin.

Water only causes intrinsic hydration. It is important to moisturize the skin topically in order to combat skin dryness. Also, the moisturizer needs to cater to the skin type of the user!

Starchild47
02-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Yes water gives you intrinsic hydration but if your skin is not hydrated from underneath it will not be healthy on the surface either! If you are not healthy inside you will not be healthy outside!

marilynnsyrett
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Exactly! What I meant to say was drinking lots of water cannot replace the use of moisturizers that need to be applied topically!

Starchild47
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Cool sorry if I sounded harsh I did not mean to be! I just wanted people to realize we have to treat the body as a whole. Most people do not realize that what we take inside affects our outsides! I do agree with you that does not negate the fact that we still have to take care of the outside too! We have to take care of the whole package.

Starchild47
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
One thing I did want to add here, I know a lot of times, I prespire in the night and I feel all stinky when I get up so I think in that sense you would need to cleanse in the morning. I do think that sometimes yes we would tend to over cleanse or overkill and dry out our skin.

neha4898
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
The brand that I use has both a hydrating system, for dry skin and a balancing system, which is for oily skin. I've been using the hydrating system and I see and feel great results. All the ingredients used in the products are natural so they are perfect for my sensitive skin.

Starchild47
03-27-2009, 04:59 AM
I personally don't think that it is absolutely necessary to go see a dermatologist to find out what type of skin cleansing system that you need. I mean I can tell if my skin is oily or not. There are some things that good old common sense can tell you.

brybry
04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I have issues with my skin, dry & oily.. & have found that trial & error is the best thing. I use Kiehls a lot, but also use lush.

However, since being on weightwatchers & eating/drinking effectively, I have found a marked improvement in my skin.. it is less dry & looks fresher.

I think sometimes it is a mix of different techniques to find the one optimal for you..

adrienne
04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Nice post!

I'm a soap user ever since but after reading your post I think should stop using soap as my facial cleanser.

What product you think will be best for oily skin? Any idea? Please share it.

thanks..:)

Valence
05-22-2009, 10:17 PM
my skin used to be very complicated because it is very dry on my cheeks and lips but super oily around T zone...

i have been using a bar soap that contains 24K gold, platinum, Co-Q10, and honey. it balances the oilyness/dryness well and it is so much easier to do the rest of the skincare and make-up! :love:

jsg
06-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Valence, Hakuza soap and the little foaming sponge is awesome! thanks for the info.!

Valence
06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
jsg, I am very happy to hear that you tried the soap and came to like it:)

The foaming sponge is awesome right? :h7:

sweetcher
06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for posting "Choosing the Best Facial Cleanser For Your Skin." Cleansing my face is a critical process for me. I try to use products that are gentle and balanced because I only have one lifetime to get this right with my skin. My preference is to go through life without plastic surgery! So, taking care of my skin is important. I have used a couple of products over the past 5 years... La Mer and Dr. Perricone. I am currently using La Mer. I have extemely sensitive skin so I look for *hopefully* natural products that won't
harm my skin but will enhance it. The only thing I've heard that's extremely important... rinse, rinse, rinse after washing the face. Is that true?

Ashu
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
yea you heard it right.

Valence
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
"rinse, rinse, rinse" is good. You have to reinse all the cleanser and soap OFF the face BUT make sure you do NOT wash your face too rough!

GENTLY wash your face and rinse your face and then MOISTURIZE your face! :)

sweetcher
06-19-2009, 09:45 PM
"rinse, rinse, rinse" is good. You have to reinse all the cleanser and soap OFF the face BUT make sure you do NOT wash your face too rough!

GENTLY wash your face and rinse your face and then MOISTURIZE your face! :)

Valence... that brings up another great point. Exfoliation... that's a little rough on the skin and yet...isn't that good for the skin. My grandmother used something like Dove (which I would never use) but used a little brush lightly to wash her face to exfoliate her skin. When she died at 92, she barely had a wrinkle on her face. She had the most beautiful skin. I've never tried a brush. But one of the La Mer products that I use once a week, the refining facial, has an ingredient that does the same thing.

Valence
06-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I ONLY use "Natural Peeling Jel" that gently gets rid of damaged/dead skin on the surface. I have been using it for years (once a week) and it has been amazing:) What I love about this product is that if you do NOT have any dead skin, you do NOT get anything which means it does NOT peel the healthy skin!! Unlike other products for exfoliation!

I used to use a mini-brush to wash my face but it was too rough for my sensitive skin... I use the foaming sponge to create very fine foam and wash my face gently and rinse, rinse and rinse afterwards!!

jsg
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
i love the natural peeling gel!!! thank you so much, valence! how come you do not have any before and after "sun" care products? i am looking for something awesome for my sensitive skin!

Carolsue22
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
cleansing is a vital step in a good skin care routine. A good cleanser specific for your skin type will promote healthy skin. I do agree that over cleansing is harmful as it dries out the skin, which is the culprit behind fine lines and wrinkles.

No matter what skin type, choose mild liquid or soap gels for cleansing your face. Soaps made for bath, body and hands tend to be drying no matter what skin type and should be avoided on the face and neck. When buying store bought cleansing creams look for avocado, coconut, or wheat germ. These natural ingredients are suitable for normal skin types. below is a facial cleanser for normal skin types:

Gentle Facial Cleanser

1/2 cup oatmeal or cornmeal
plain yogurt (add enough yogurt to form a paste)
Mix ingredients to form a paste. With your fingertips and in an upward circular motion, gently massage the paste into your skin. Rinse with warm water and then apply a toner and moisturizer.

ilovemyskin
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I like using Dermaesthetics. I found it in a spa I went to in Dana Point and the foam cleanser is smooth and leaves me with a clean feeling without the harshness. I cant really explain it, but you dont' even have to lather much and your face feels really clean and oil free.

KarlaSutton
08-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm looking for a new cleanser myself. anyone have any options in the $50 range?

SparkleMidori
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
i really like Philosophy - Purity Made Simple

Everyone needs a good face wash because good skincare routine starts with a well cleaned face. I use several different facial cleansers, and the Purity Made Simple by Philosophy is one of my favorite. It cleans your face and also removes makeup. When I have really heavy makeup on, I still tend to use a makeup remover before this. But usually I just use, and it cleans everything off my face. It leaves a silky feeling afterward without making me feeling oily. Overall, I really love this product.

michelle po
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey carla!, i can relate. just like you, i was also looking for products that are not expensive because i am super broke :( GOOD THING my sister tried to look for a website that sells unexpensive Skin Care products. through this Skin Care Rx coupons i bought my self a new moisturizer, cleanser and soap tooo.. i hope i helped you with that :D

Roi
11-04-2009, 07:41 AM
without a doubt - Minerals products:
Facial Toner For Combination Skin - Completes the cleansing process by removing excess oil, dirt and makeup.
From a genine ancient spring of youth. SIMONA luxury skin care labratories created a natural Face Toner formula, Enriched with natural minerals from the Dead Sea, completes the cleansing process by removing excess oil, dirt and makeup. Enriched with Aloe Vera gel that soothes, softens and replenishes your skin

Moisturizing Cleansing Gel - special formula combining Dead Sea minerals and Aromatic oils cleans deeply the skin while hydrating it.

y34963
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I am looking for a cleanser that has a low PH. Does anyone know of any?

Roi
11-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Tell me how much low and I'll check with our chemist

y34963
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I am looking for ph 3 or lower.

Roi
11-12-2009, 07:43 AM
PH 3?
Do you want acid in your creams?

the average is around 5.5
some of our product are lower because we want them to clean better the skin.

Carolsue22
11-12-2009, 11:38 AM
This is a nice cleansing cream made with botanicals such as tea tree oil, aloe, etc. It would be nice to know your skin type, dry, oily, combination etc. Check it out, around $12 at Skin Energizer

vist Complete Skin Care Therapy for homemade skin care recipes, just click on the recipes tab

y34963
11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I am looking for a ph of 3 or 3.5 so I can put my vitamin c serum on right away after washing my face rather than waiting 30 minutes for the ph level do go down. Does anyone know of a cleanser with that low of a ph?

Roi
11-15-2009, 07:25 AM
maybe you got me wrong - there is no such thing as face/body cream with this kind of PH level.

y34963
11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I have just found some low ph facial cleansers if anyone is looking as well.

They are

Dermalogica Exfoliants: 3.4-3.
GlyTone Mild Gel Wash 4.7% GA, 3.8
GlyTone Wipe Away Cleanser 7.8% GA, 3.8
MD Forte Cleansers pH 3.8
MD Forte Facial Cleanser II 15%GA 3.8
MD Formulations Oily/Problem Cleanser 3.8
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser 3.8-4.6
Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser 2.8-3.8
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser 3.7-4.2
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash 3.6-4.4
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser 3.6-4.4
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser 3.5-4.2
Olay ADS Daily Renewal Cleanser 2.9 - 3.25
Olay ProVital Revitalizing Cleanser 2.9 - 3.25

Roi
11-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I checked your product - none of them publish as a low PH. they didn't even publish the numbers. So, If your are do it for publicity at least don't give wrong details...!!!

y34963
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I checked your product - none of them publish as a low PH. they didn't even publish the numbers. So, If your are do it for publicity at least don't give wrong details...!!!

Why so rude? I received this information off of www.dianayvonne.com. She has published the ph levels of many cleansers. I just posted the low ones.

I did buy the Neutrogen Oil Free Acne Wash and did a Ph test on it. It is between a 3.6 and 4.4 so that one I know is low because I tested it.

If you haven't found out what the level of the ph is how can you disagree anyway.

I am just trying to be helpful.

AGELESSONE
11-16-2009, 11:52 PM
PH 3?
Do you want acid in your creams?

the average is around 5.5
some of our product are lower because we want them to clean better the skin.

Actually most are well above that number.

AGELESSONE
11-16-2009, 11:55 PM

Crazy talk

AGELESSONE
11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Why so rude? I received this information off of www.dianayvonne.com. She has published the ph levels of many cleansers. I just posted the low ones.

I did buy the Neutrogen Oil Free Acne Wash and did a Ph test on it. It is between a 3.6 and 4.4 so that one I know is low because I tested it.

If you haven't found out what the level of the ph is how can you disagree anyway.

I am just trying to be helpful.

I use the Nutrogena Deep Clean cleanser. Works well for me. You must be a member over at skincaretalk...lol

y34963
11-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Actually I didn't buy it until yesterday after I found the diana site. Roi had been referring to creams and my question was regarding cleanser. I believe he just misunderstood my question.

Roi
11-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be sound rude.
I just mention that you gave disinformation about the products.

vencasand
11-17-2009, 02:24 PM
are we all friends again? low ph products will remove oil and dead cells for a while on your body. i didn't think to check the ph of some products. thanks for your info y3963 and roi thanks for helping to keep spammers off the board. but y3963 wasn't advertising. she just gave a list of low ph products. both of you keep up the good work.

Roi
11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
That why I wrote "If your are do it for publicity"

low ph products will remove oil and dead cells for a while on your body.

You are more than right, but only until some level. you can't make product to the human body with every low PH.

kristey
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
I like to use a warm washcloth with a non-soap cleanser. Using a soft cloth gives me an overall clean feeling.

y34963
11-30-2009, 03:24 AM
A microfibre cloth is great for exfoliating and cleansing the skin. I use this cloth every morning.

KellyDavis
12-10-2009, 03:22 PM
The decision on what to use to clense your face will depend greatly on your skin type.

Take a look at this You Tube Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyZ6JqoiA8

The vid is a quick quiz that you can follow to discover your skin type....

Don't worry it's not an ad or selling link!:h2:

avajolie
12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
this topic of cleansers is HUGE!!! yes we need to clean our skin, what we use is absolutely important. I have been in the beauty industry, working as a paramedical therapist, with skin being my specialty for over 20 years and have so much information to offer, for FREE. I love beauty, girls and now that I am no longer working in the industry, I cant wait to dish out all the inforamtion you want. Join my discussion group at Derma Talk "Breaking Free of the Beauty Myths" I would love you too.
by the way, never use soap on your beautiful skin or body for that matter. so many of you posted about PH really important, without it your skin is vulnerable to pimple/acne causing bacteria and so on. I would be happy to answer any questions

Cybertique
01-09-2010, 06:31 AM
I recently found a great product called LANMI Skin Care from Korea. I have been using it for about one week and have noticed a wonderful difference in my skin.

I can help others get the product from the local Korean distributor here in the Philippines. It is about 4000 Pesos for the 3 100 ML containers of Hydrate, Vitamin, and Collagen.

You can email me at cynthia_615@yahoo.com

nikhilshah
01-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Has anyone tried skin care products from ****. They are said to be good but i want more reviews

jazmania5
01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Their facial cleanser is amazing. It feels like silk after you wash it off. I bought this stuff a month ago and I only had mild acne, but after like 4 days, the blotches start to fade. I recommend this product to everyone with problem skin. Check it out here: [ Link removed ]:)

betsysmith25
03-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Agreed! Astringent and a few toners dry out the skin. My skin is oily that’s why I use gel-based cleansers. You can apply cleanser on your skin and massage, remove with a damp flannel. Later apply a day or night moisturizer. Once a week you can exfoliate your skin.

Cole
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
great information! very helpful! Personally I don't use anything that contains chemicals on my face or anything man made (including soap), my skin is very sensitive to that stuff.

coolguy
05-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info, quiet useful...Will take a note on the points in the future

Keebs
05-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Try the galvanic spa treatment. It has been getting very good ratings. Here's a youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtSYMdnFVmM

You can get the product here if you like it. [ link under review ]

I've used these products and the immediate results are amazing. Hope this helps everyone:)

chinee
05-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the informations deepak. And I agree with you we all have different types of skin. What might work for me might not work for others so therefore I suggest that If you already find out what works for you, I think you should just stick to it, because that's the hardest thing to do, knowing what works for you. I have been using Nivea facial wash for my face up to now and I can tell you that it really works for me amazingly. So if you still dont know what to use maybe this one is for you.

dale91
06-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Try this regimen coz it might work for any skin type...its natural, organic and proven safe. I have tried this myself and still following this:

*Cleanse With Oatmeal and Yogurt
Cleanse or scrub away dirt and oil that accumulate on your face during the day. You can make a gentle cleanser in your home using oatmeal and yogurt. Oatmeal contains soothing ingredients that leave your face smooth, while yogurt removes dirt and oil.
Mix 1/2 cup of ground oatmeal into enough plain yogurt to form a paste. Massage the paste into your skin, concentrating on each area of your face for at least 30 seconds to ensure proper cleansing. Rinse thoroughly with water.

*Exfoliate With Baking Soda
Exofoliation is required to scrub away dead skin cells that dull your complexion and clog your pores. Baking soda is an inexpensive exfoliator that gently scrubs your skin. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to your oatmeal and yogurt cleanser to make the scrub.
Apply to your face and massage in circular motions, concentrating on oily or rough areas, then rinse thoroughly with water. If your skin is oily, you should gently exfoliate four to five times a week, whereas more sensitive skin should be exfoliated less often.

*Moisturize With Aloe Vera
Aloe is a natural moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated and sooth irritation, leaving an even, glowing complexion. You can use aloe right from the plant to moisturize your face. Simply snap off the tip of an aloe leaf, and mix the gel from the leaf with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
After applying the aloe and oil mix, massage your face lightly to distribute the moisturizer and stimulate circulation in your skin. Do not rinse off the moisturizer.

Mat
06-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I recommend these Oily Skin Products. A nice daily cleanser & sponge take care of all your cleansing needs. ; ) Good from normal to oily skin

Emmilini
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I think the Simple stuff is really good. They have no additives and doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. I love this stuff- http://www.simple.co.uk/products/Vital+Vitamin+Day+Cream+with+sunscreens-50ml-236.aspx and it has suncreens in it too :) I would definitely recommend it.

AnnB1997
07-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I think much depends on your skin type. I love Simple stuff too because of my sensitive skin (along with body shop's coconut body butter) and I see looking at your link that they have a competition where you can win loads of products and a holiday and get to work for them part-time. Nice way to earn a living.

I'm also trying to buy Cliniques Sparkle Cream as it was recommended in Zest for getting rid of keratosis pilaris but everyone seems to have beaten me to it!

austinfz
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree with your points and i would also like to add a that is ph value of soap is also a important..

zenith
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi!

How to get fair skin without using cosmetics? Please give some useful tips.
Please!

semi
08-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Clean And Clear Morning Burst!!! My sis uses it everyday but not me cuz I have perfect skin!!! oh well but she used it and it works pretty well/11 ... Susan [ Link Removed ]

y34963
08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Clean And Clear Morning Burst!!! My sis uses it everyday but not me cuz I have perfect skin!!! oh well but she used it and it works pretty well/11 ... Susan . [ Link Removed ]

Real Estate!! What does your link have to do with skincare. No Spamming!!!:evil:

purity12
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Powerful Antioxidants infused in one cool energy drink! Purity12 Life Blend "Rain" Juice. Here's how to try our amazing products for total wellness. Learn More.[Url Under Review ]

coolguy
01-28-2011, 07:39 AM
You have really provided very important and to the point tips....Thanks for sharing

pammertes
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
What will you look like in 30 years? Click below to start time traveling. http://bit.ly/fa8TrQ

SolidJake
02-05-2011, 05:33 AM
agreed. believe me ive gone through cleansers which overly dry out my skin. and with any cleanser make sure to moisturizer as well !!

proraghu
03-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Very simple thought.

Just follow a very simple way to cleanse, just keep washing your face frequently with luke warm water if possible. I am against using cleansing creams or toner, I am not sure it just my opinion.

But if you would like to use then use something natural, check the contents make sure it dos not use chemical combination, use 100% safe and natural products. This helps save your skin from further damage.

At the end, simply keep washing your face with clean and luke warm water and tap with soft clean towel. This alone would do much better to your skin.

y34963
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Washing your face with water alone will not cleanse it. Makeup and daily grime that gets on your face from the environment needs to be removed from your face. You must use some sort of cleanser. If you do not wish to use any products chemically based (which I agree you shouldn't either) use an oil cleanser.

1 tablespoon castor oil,
1 tablespoon of olive oil.
When using vegetable oils such as jojoba, use 1 tablespoon.
Use 1 drop of your favourite essential oil. (Optional)

You can use other oils such as jojoba oil, carrot seed oil, etc. if you wish.

Mix up the ingredients. Apply to skin in a circular motion for 2 minutes. Using a warm face cloth, rinse and wipe off face. Your face will feel very oily while you are cleansing but you will be taking it off and the results with be a very clean soft face. The face cloth will remove the excess oil.

Castor oil acts as a skin cleansing agent.
Olive oil also acts as a cleansing agent and is rich in antioxidants and helps free radical damage.

proraghu
03-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I said I am not willing to use Chemical based, however your suggestion of oils is good suggestion though we may not get all the oils at handy. But I would rather say to use some organic or natural creams which does not harm your skin?

What do you say of using safe natural cream? Do you have any good suggestions for such natural cream?

Though I would take your suggestion and shall try to make the mixture, but I hope I would easily get Castrol Oil and Olive but I hope I would find it difficult to get other oils.

y34963
03-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Both of these oils are readily available in most countries. Olive oil is used in cooking and most grocery stores will sell it. Any vegetable oil will work for this cleanser actually. Just look around in your stores and see what is available locally. Sunflower, safflower, etc. are also fine to use. Castol oil, carrott seed, and others you can buy on line and a little goes a long way so it would be worth the investment in buying a small bottle of a couple of different oils that would be good for your skin.

After using this cleanser you may not need a moisturizer, depending on where you live and the season. Don't be afraid to use oils as they do not make your skin oiler. You need to get your skin into balance.

Carolsue22
03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
good article and very informative, thanks for sharing!

sumi1
03-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Get best tips and ideas for skin cleansing at [url under review]

y34963
03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Providing the information would be a lot more helpful that just trying to post an url and which pretty much represents spamming!

flawless14
04-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I like using PH balanced face washes for sensitive skin. The one I'm using right now is a natural extract wash and I love it! People need to remember that aside from having a good face wash, they must also have a good moisturizer and protect it if they want to keep their skin healthy.

Serena
05-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks for this post Deepak. It's important to choose a balanced natural cleanser that does not dry the skin afterward. However, it is always crucial to moisturize your skin post cleansing to prevent dryness. Dry Skin plays a vital role in skin aging. Hence, it is important to keep your skin supple.

Results from Skin Care products differ from person to person. This requires proper research and care to ensure that your regime is suitable for daily usage.

exprt143
07-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks for sharing the information.Through your post i come to know about facial cleanser a lot,its been really useful for me.

AdinaP
07-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Thank you for this article.
There was a few tips that I didn't know about. :)

Anastasia
07-23-2011, 06:41 PM
This was a good post. I will refer to it again as a reference.

Ella_C
08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
One more thing to add and that is sun screen! I just went to my dermatologist and he suggested Trader Joe's All-In-One Cleanser, it has no sulfates, it's tearless and has an amazing list of ingredients. I have used it for only a couple of weeks, but I love it!

jlhooverskin
08-13-2011, 01:43 AM
i am currently using the best skincare product ever! I love it so much, i told all my friends and my mother about it! They love it too! The cleanser is called L'amourage Pomegrante Coffee cleanser and has changed my life thus far! I am using tons of their products now and am getting nothing but PURE RESULTS! You can check them out on facebook, that is where i found them out. I will insert a link :) Best of luck to you!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lamourage-Skincare/129019270524449

Walerian
08-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi all,
what would be for the skin and skin care????:(

Dr. Washington
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
It doesn't take expensive cleansers etc. to help you with your skin. I know people who pay monthly fees over $85 just to be disappointed. I'm all for natural and there are products out there within the $45 range that are excellent. Here are some tips though that I gathered:

"Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria."

"Don't pop pimples. It's tempting, but here's why you shouldn't: Popping pimples can push infected material further into the skin, leading to more swelling and redness, and even scarring."

"Avoid touching your face with your fingers or leaning your face on objects that collect sebum and skin residue like your phone. Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated. To keep bacteria at bay, wash your hands before applying anything to your face, such as treatment creams or makeup."

"If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose."

"If you get acne on your body, try not to wear tight clothes. They don't allow skin to breathe and may cause irritation. Scarves, headbands, and caps can collect dirt and oil, too."

"Remove your makeup before you go to sleep. When buying makeup, make sure you choose brands that say "noncomedogenic" or "nonacnegenic" on the label. Throw away old makeup that smells or looks different from when you first bought it."

"Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like a tan masks acne, but it's only temporary. A tan may worsen your acne, not improve it. Tanning also causes damage to skin that will eventually lead to wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer."

nuren skin care
09-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Nuren’s Facial Cleansing Gel is a gentle yet thorough facial cleanser. The addition of Rose Oil will leave your face soft as a petal and refreshed every time. Good for all skin types.

Singaporeseoer
09-28-2011, 03:14 AM
We must be aware too of the ph of the cleanser we are using. Personally, I am using ph balance cleanser. If the ph of your cleanser is base, then it will rip off the skin's nutrients and if the ph of the cleanser is acidic, it will leave your skin dry.

drew
11-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Wow this is such a wealth of great information! I think I'm ready to go shopping for new facial cleansers right now!! haha :h10:

daisygrace
11-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Hi, i am new in this forum & i get very important information about facial cleaner.

larrybrown06
11-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Great post.
I really appreciate your post.
Thanks.

somaliabiswas
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Ya a great informative post, and all want to say that use of single and regular use of a product is very helpful and use of gram flour is one of the best way of cleaning. Is applicable in all parts of the body too.

daisygrace
11-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks !
Good to kknow your tips...

Jere303
11-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi there guys! my name is Jeremy and I had just recently signed in to this forum and I am very new. Just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to discussing and giving advice and getting advice to and from many people here. Take care! :)

Elsa Tobin
12-05-2011, 06:40 AM
many thanks for your infor

Elsa Tobin
12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
thanks for your great post , well ,could you suggest the brand of soap ?

drew
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I recently updated my skin care regiment to include age fighting products and microderm abrasion at home products. I have seen a huge difference in the softness of my skin but I am breaking out - somehow I missed the fact that wasn't any salicylic acid in any of my facial cleansers! I'm beginning to realize my skin really needs this to stay clear, so it's back to the drawing board!

y34963
12-22-2011, 05:06 AM
You have to give our skin time to adjust to a new regime. Give it at least 30 days. If you don't see any improvement then perhaps change then.

sara145wilson
12-26-2011, 07:22 AM
The tips provide by you on how to have cleanse face are good and thanks for sharing this with us as well......

alansteve
12-29-2011, 06:36 AM
For every one hour you can wash your face with water which is a good habit to keep glow on face.............

y34963
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
alansteve, are you saying you wash your face every hour?

Misha Smith
02-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Washing your face every hour will make your skin dry...

sara145wilson
03-15-2012, 06:00 AM
The cleansing way told by you is good and i will surely follow this...

johnrishaboye
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice post! Thanks for providing such useful information. I really appreciate your professional approach. I would like to thank you for the efforts you made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

[

kritika
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Use ****'s Soothing Cleansing Gel to make your face smooth, clean and brighter. It's a wonderful product to all type of skin.

SGLforMen
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Excellent article. What about for oily skin? I feel like I have to wash my face every hour :/.

kimclara
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Overwashing your face can be very bad for you and dry out your skin. You should get cleansers and moisturizers that are specifically for oily skin. Usually using a gel type base for moisturizers help oily skin!

spasalondeal
07-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Oily or Acne-Prone Skin:

These types of cleansers moisturize your skin without clogging pores, which is important for those who suffer from acne outbreaks or glossy skin.

skinlover
07-24-2012, 08:45 AM
this thread has a lot of pages, haha :')

BRTCskincare
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Choosing the best skin care for yourself is highly dependent on what type of skin you have. If you have clogged pores you should opt for exfoliaters and serums that will unclog pores. For this skin type I would recommend ****'s blemish recover balm.

rubyJacksonn
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Look for a facial cleanser that is oil-free. If you are prone to acne (a common problem with oily skin), you might try a facial cleanser with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to help fight breakouts. Also look for the words "non-comedogenic", which means the product won't clog pores.

mike hussey
03-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Nice one. Here i have some more tips for the best skin care. If use skin whitening injections or skin whitening capsules.
You will be fair and get pinkish glowing skin.
It would Lighten dark spots.
Lips will get pink because the melanin pigments blocking your lip will also diminish.
It Smoothens and whitens the skin all-over.
Dark spots are healed cause by acne and prevents pimples.
Underarms will lighten.
Healing of wounds is enhanced the skin gets nourishes.

lovemyhair
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Came up with very good information.But should be keep in mind that your skin should not be much exposed to harsh chemicals.

AdinaP
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
I have no idea the best face cleaner . What can I help me ...

Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser is one of the best facial cleansers for dry skin. You should give it a try :)

proskinclinics
08-05-2013, 11:40 AM
When it comes to selecting the best facial cleanser for your skin, there is a lot to consider. What kind of skin do you have? What is your activity level like? Is your skin oily or dry?
All of these aspects should go into finding the best cleanser.:)

deryoy
09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Great info admin! Thanks for this thorough review and advice on various facial cleansers. :p

meomeo2005
11-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I like using Dermaesthetics. I found it in a spa I went to in Dana Point and the foam cleanser is smooth and leaves me with a clean feeling without the harshness. I cant really explain it, but you dont' even have to lather much and your face feels really clean and oil free.

rechal
12-16-2013, 08:58 AM
If a person has got dry or sensitive skin, it is always recommended to use natural products. If you use sandalwood essential oil, then it proves to be the best for sensitive skin. Using natural oils will help your skin look youthful. Home made facials which include rose oil, sandalwood oil, aloe vera and almond powder. Mix it well and you can use it as facials.

meomeo2005
12-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks for this post Deepak. It's important to choose a balanced natural cleanser that does not dry the skin afterward. However, it is always crucial to moisturize your skin post cleansing to prevent dryness. Dry Skin plays a vital role in skin aging. Hence, it is important to keep your skin supple.

Results from Skin Care products differ from person to person. This requires proper research and care to ensure that your regime is suitable for daily usage.

Terry
02-25-2014, 12:20 PM
No doubt wonderful info, thanks to share admin.

Rickyjames123
02-26-2014, 10:26 AM
thanks i will try this....
i thing this is great i like it.....

chessi52571
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanx for your great post :)

Maynard36
07-02-2014, 04:20 AM
My wife uses skin brushes to clean and scrub her face. The ones that you can easily remove and clean. I guess they are battery operated. She has really improved her blackheads now and her skin is getting less oily and looks fresh.

stevex
08-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Natural products are always best .The information is quite good .

mariawatson
11-10-2014, 06:06 AM
I love Sakare! I am fond of all the products of Sakare and can't do without them. They don't make me switch to any other brand as they are just perfect. They take care of me day-in-day-out. Their fragrance is great and leave my skin soft and healthy head to toe. Even for a combination skin like mine, the products are a luxury.

mariawatson
11-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Discovering your favorite cosmetics brand can take you years. After experimenting with several niche products from leading companies I finally narrowed down on Sakare for my beauty regimen. To start with I use its gentle facial toner everyday to make my skin look beautiful. Moreover its range of spa products too are a real winner.

Claudia Bryant
02-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Great to know about the different facial cleanser for your skin, thanks for sharing these information. Can you tell me that which facial cleanser is good for computational skin.

Terry
06-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Cleansing face is the must part of the skincare. I guess it really makes difference that what alternative you are opting to clean your face. If the oil and dirt on face is not removed thoroughly it may cause some severe skin problems like acne, pimples and many more. So, its better to take good care of face knowing that the cleansing face is not an issue at all.

evlinsymon
09-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Great read! Thanks for sharing this tips

lyuchen
11-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks for sharing:):)

BillieJean
03-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Tried a bunch of different cleansing products before and I’ve only had luck with one product, Albolene. Other ones left my face greasy and didn’t feel like they were actually cleaning it.

cynthiamyra
07-12-2016, 07:19 AM
I really appreciate this post; it’s very informative regarding Cleanser. Being a dermatologist, I personally feel that choosing a good cleanser is very important for clean and radiant looking skin. I have been using Rhonda Allison skin brightening cleanser from a very long time. These are suitable for all skin types from normal, dry to oily skin types. This product is just the best is you are dealing with Acne problem. \

lucevers
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
In order to chose the right cleanser you must know your skin type. Also not all methods suit all skin types. In my opinion you shouldn't jump to a product just because it works for someone else. I actually recently downloaded an app called Veleza and it matched my skin type to the products I needed. :)

angela1110
09-17-2016, 05:45 AM
Hey, I downloaded the same app, and it actually matched me with the product I used in the past, which was not very good to my skin.. So I deleted it immediately :D
You should try testers, and test some product for like a week, to see how your skin would react..

cheskarod26
09-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Hello Derma friends. I agree, some or should I say most of the cleaners are indeed drying to the skin. Lately I've been reading many product reviews where I read about this toner, a beauty water as they say. Any experience with this product

Zoe Williams
10-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Hey Everyone :)

Have you ever tried a coffee scrub before?

estheticallyme
10-14-2016, 08:43 PM
I have not-I have wanted to try though. I heard that it does improve circulation and make skin appear more youthful.

stevex
10-19-2016, 10:34 AM
and what for teenagers?

katheryngumb
11-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Great Post, Thank you for sharing.

Susan Poche
01-24-2017, 01:28 AM
I prefer using natural cleanser which are safe for my skin :)

MomOfThree1980
08-07-2017, 10:29 PM
For a scrub I like using Caudalie crushed cabernet scrub for a cleanser I like using their gentle cleansing milk from b-glowing.

Aloe
10-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Great resource! I myself am currently using cerave cleanser

Pinkwords
11-26-2017, 08:42 AM
My skin is oily type. Recently i love using korean brands - laneige cleanser, skinfood - black sugar scrub, and innisfree cleanser. So far i think it is good. Can give it a try

Tressie
03-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Every man's face has its own unique quirks, and the same can be said for cleansers. One should know its skin type and choose a matching formula.

genemoore
04-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Heya, Great information admin. I basically prefer natural products.

Alexhale33
06-08-2018, 11:54 AM
We have made your lifestyle easy with laser treatment to lighten the dark spots for giving a youthful facial outlook. Skin whitening treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar & Pakistan is providing a lighter skin tone at prices less than you think!

sarahhan10392
06-25-2018, 03:41 PM
My skincare routine bases on this article http://oilserums.com/oils-serums-2/basic-skincare-routine-your-first-step-to-have-a-perfect-skin/. It's very effective for me. You should try. I think the most important thing is to maintain this habit every day and be patient. Good luck!!!

jasjones845
12-04-2018, 07:56 AM
The mentioned information will definitely help out many people in choosing the right product for skin. Thanks for the great info.

xolovestephy
05-29-2019, 06:47 AM
I use micellar water to clean my skin, because micellar water is more practical and efficient. If for the skin of my body I use soap and only a few times I use a scrub :)

aatazaz11
03-02-2022, 12:44 PM
Choosing the Best Cleanser for the Body and the face is the most difficult now a days due to a large range of varieties available. We tried our best to choose the best of them. In the same case of cleanser we tried to choose the best. But it is very sensitive matter of skin so we have to take care about it.

SimonWillis
09-20-2023, 05:28 PM
I find cera ve the best for me. But obviously it depends on what type of skin you have. What brand works for you guys? Ive personally tried a dozen brands like mybakersfieldrealtor (https://mybakersfieldrealtor.com/) and finally landed on this one.