PDA

View Full Version : Large and painful red bump on scrotum. Possible penile epidermoid cysts?

gtgm_110
12-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Well, I'm 18, but I've had these hard lumps right under the skin on my scrotum for many many years. Now I have one that's really big on my left side, hurts a lot when touched, and when I squeezed it earlier (cause sometimes it pops them like pimples), it got all red and bloody under the skin. Is it anything to be worried about?

Thanks for your help in advance

Dr.Deepak
12-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Gary. Few questions... Since when have you had such hard lumps? Are they round lumps or cord like twisted lumps? Were they painful on touch before? Since when have you had such inflammation (red bloody and painful)? Do you have fever or any other associated signs and symptoms that you have experienced recently? Do you have any discharge from penis recently or difficulty/pain during micturition? Are there any swelling on the groins or axilla? Any lumps and bumps on body besides scrotum?

gtgm_110
12-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Gary. Few questions... Since when have you had such hard lumps? Are they round lumps or cord like twisted lumps? Were they painful on touch before? Since when have you had such inflammation (red bloody and painful)? Do you have fever or any other associated signs and symptoms that you have experienced recently? Do you have any discharge from penis recently or difficulty/pain during micturition? Are there any swelling on the groins or axilla? Any lumps and bumps on body besides scrotum?

I've had these type of lump for years now. I've had smaller ones that I could squeeze and a white pasty substance would come out. The doctor told me at the time that those were alright. They're round lumps and they weren't painful to the touch before, I just woke up the other day with pain down there. When I looked, it had gained size and was more red too. The bloody part only happened after I tried to squeeze it pretty hard. I tried that because I've had pimple like bumps on my testicles and penis before so I thought maybe it would pop it. I don't really have any symptoms that I think are related. I've had some chest pains and such but I've also had bronchial trouble for a few weeks now so I doubt they're related.
No discharge or pain when urinating so far. Also no swelling anywhere else. The only other bumps besides the scrotum and penis (fordyce) are occasional acne.

Dr.Deepak
12-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey Gary sorry for late reply.. how is ur lesion now? sorry was quite busy with my personal issues.. Yea this could be epidermoid cyst as you mention..and it got infected. Antibiotics with surgical excision may be needed for such cases. Anyway any updates..?