PDA

View Full Version : I burn so easy :(

K1nS
10-19-2008, 01:44 PM
So as the title says, I burn very easily. Its horrible :( I actually hate summer, I can't enjoy going on hol because I get burned on the first day and the rest of the holiday is full of pain. Does anyone know a good sun lotion I could try out?

Sabina
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
anyone with SPF would do.

Kay
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
You have my sympathy, K1nS, I used to burn easily too. The SPF you need depends on two things: how soon you burn and how long you intend to be out in the sun.

Someone who gets burned within 10 minutes without any protection needs a higher SPF than someone who can be in the sun for an hour before burning. You need to stick to the higher range of SPF, K1nS. Probably SPF 20 or 30 would be best.

If you look at this SPF chart for various skin types (http://tanning.health-advice-articles.com/spf.html) you might find that helpful. If in doubt that your lotion's SPF is strong enough or you don't have any handy, cover up with a loose shirt and take periodic breaks in the shade. It's not worth getting sunstroke and ruining your holiday entirely.

Also be extra careful when you're on or near water. The sun reflected off its surface is twice as strong. I once went out fishing one afternoon in a boat wearing a bikini and shorts and blistered my whole back without realizing it. The cool breeze coming off the water meant I didn't feel it until it was too late. Ouch.

Elena K
12-23-2008, 01:10 AM
very helpful post Kay!
The only thing I want to ad - remember to keep reapplying lotion every couple of hours, and after swimming.