PDA

View Full Version : Is this melanoma?

khangdvuong
11-08-2013, 03:39 AM
I found this on my butt 2 weeks ago.
I tried to scratch it off. I scratched it too hard and it + the skin around it began to bleed.
Then after 2 weeks, I scratch the scab of and this is what it looks like.

Dr.Deepak
11-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Hello Ho welcome to dermatalk forum. Doesn't look like melanoma to me. But anyway few questions... How was the lesion when u first scratched? was it inflamed with pus inside it? was it tender (painful) on touch? Was it hard, raised, soft, flattened?
Although the picture is not clear (a good clear closeup pics would be helpful) I don't think its that scary, it could just be Furuncle (boil).

khangdvuong
11-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Before I scratch it, it looked like a mole to me.
No pus came out or anything.
It was slightly raise and soft.

khangdvuong
11-09-2013, 12:19 AM
OH, and by the way, the white stuff on my "mole" is not pus, it's a piece of skin sticking on

Dr.Deepak
11-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Ho, as already said pic is not that clear, a clear pics would help.. but anyway melanoma is not that common on buttocks. Confirming melanoma on such pics would be impossible. So if it was a mole before u scratched, it should be checked with the biopsy. All cases of moles need to be removed and send for biopsy to see if there is any danger of melanoma or other form of skin cancer. Melanoma can only be confirmed with the biopsy in such cases. So if you suspect there was a mole, i would suggest you to visit the derm and allow him/her to confirm it my direct personal examination and perform biopsy if needed.