PDA

View Full Version : Feed your skin well.

aliva
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Check any beauty ad. All of them will boast of how the lotions and potions they’re advertising for, nourish and enrich your skin. Yet, the fact goes that however much you dab your skin with creams, it needs a healthy supply of nutrients to make it glow from inside. It’s essential to feed your skin regularly with vitamins and minerals to replenish it from the roots.

Vitamin A: you get this in carrots, sweet melons, broccoli, dried apricot that are rich in beta-carotene and provide vitamin A.

Vitamin E: Almonds, avocados and certain oils like cod-liver, wheat germ, olive provide vitamin E. Avocados are also rich in protein, phosphorous and iron.

Zinc: have chicken, red meat, kidney beans and crabs.

chicque
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
you also need to have lots of vitamin c because vitamin c recharges vitamin e--which makes it easier for your skin to absorb more vitamin e.

antioxidants in pomegranates and blackberries are good for your skin too!

alice
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
True said, those vitamins and minerals are and should be an integral part of our diet as getting the synthetic treatment only will end up with a dull skin. I will stress here too to eat a well balanced diet including enough fiber and fruits.

chicque
07-01-2008, 05:38 PM
^ well stated. most people don't even get the three servings of fruits and vegetables a day (french fries don't count as vegetables, and neither do those high-sugar fruit snacks!)

Starchild47
07-03-2008, 04:33 AM
We also need to make sure that we get plenty of water to drink especially in the summer when we tend to dehydrate easily. Our skin needs the nourishment from water as much as our other body organs do.

mimico
07-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone for contributing to this post. I'm happy to say that I eat all the food you mentioned above. Maybe I don't get enough portions to meet the daily required intake, but it's okay. I take supplements as well. I forgot the name of the capsule I take but it has Vitamin A, E, and Zinc and it's supposedly good for my skin.

Getting enough rest is definitely something our skin needs. Don't you notice how nice you skin looks and/or feels in the morning when you wake up? Mine does! Even though it's a bit oily sometimes, my skin tone appears more even and my skin is firm first hting in the morning. I find it ugliest at the end of the day right after I remove all the makeup and gunk layered on my face.

titaniumhijau
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Vitamin E: Almonds, avocados and certain oils like cod-liver, wheat germ, olive provide vitamin E. Avocados are also rich in protein, phosphorous and iron. Looks like i need to eat a lots of almonds. I'm not really like to eat avocados, to me. Its taste bad. I never know that it contains with Vitamin E. Thanks for your advice.

Zinc: have chicken, red meat, kidney beans and crabs. Yap, our skin need this. We need enough of zinc. The good thing i really love crab. Just its really expensive in my town. By the way, its time for me to feed my skin well.

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
for good and healthy skin we require vitamin e so we should concentrate on vitamin e containing food like cereals , tomato soup , juice and some dry fruits.

aliva
07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
you also need to have lots of vitamin c because vitamin c recharges vitamin e--which makes it easier for your skin to absorb more vitamin e.

antioxidants in pomegranates and blackberries are good for your skin too!

Ohh..i really forgot to add. Vitamin C plays a vital role in healing skin wounds and preventing scurvy. It’s similar to AHA in terms of efficacy.