PDA

View Full Version : way to get rid of the nail discoloration

jessica
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Is there a way to get rid of the yellowish discoloration from wearing colored nail polish?

Dr.Deepak
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
use some strong nail polish remover,you can get some commercial remover..just visit your local beauty store.don't use strong nail polish.always use some light quality nail polish as they can be easily removed.

mimico
10-18-2008, 05:31 AM
In the past, I noticed that my nails get yellowed when I wear polish for a long time. SO I suggest removing your nail color after a week or two. Then rest your nails for at least a week before getting a new color. That way, it won't be exposed to harsh chemicals all the time. Sometimes I don't even get my nails colored anymore. I just have a pedicure to keep my toes clean.

alice
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
You should always apply a base coat before applying the nail paint. It helps in preventing the harmful actions of nail-paints. Try Maybelline's base coat, it is just too good at working.:)

bevans43
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Allow your nails to breath/rest before applying nail polish again. I've had the same problem before but my mom advised me to let them rest for a few days...

vencasand
06-03-2010, 03:54 PM
alice is right always use a good clear base coat for your nails. darker shades seem to be a culprit. also not allowing your nails to breathe is another.