PDA

View Full Version : Tips to make teeth white

Hariharan
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
didn't find where to post so posted here.As teeth reflects your beauty but my teeth are yellow in color can anyone suggest sometning to make my teeth white

Dr.Deepak
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
The most important tips is to brush your teth regularly:D and avoid excess tobacco,smoking and coffee.and if your teeth is too yellowish then removing your yellow stains by consulting a dentist is prefered.

Get some mouthwash and dental floss.clean your teeth everytime you eat..and everyday.

Get Hydrogen Peroxide and clean with it,salts also help in whitning teeth.

Sabina
09-29-2008, 03:37 PM
have you tried baking soda.its the best method for teeth whitening.

mimico
10-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Use whitening toothpastes! Arm and Hammer makes them but I think Colgate does that too. Crest Whitestrips is also very effective but my dentist said that it's not very healthy. According to her, our teeth's enamel is really colored the way our skin is. Some of us just have whiter skin.teeth, while others don't. So by bleaching your teeth, you're peeling away the enamel which will make your teeth more brittle after a while.

I do suggest staying away from coffee, tea, and soy sauce though. My dog's teeth are whiter than mine and I think it's because he doesn't drink coffee and tea...

K1nS
10-19-2008, 01:21 PM
You know its funny I have just come across this thread. Just recenlty ive noticed that my teeth are not as white as they used to be, I brush them at least twice a day and use mouthwash after meals. Can anyone recommend any new tips I could maybe try out? Thanks in advance :)

Reena
10-21-2008, 01:20 PM
There are few ways:
1. Use baking soda as a paste.
2. Chew raw spinach does help too.
3. White part of a peel orange to get shiny teeth.
4. Eat raw vege and fruits like carrot,cucumber, brocolli, apples and strawberries.

Try it out, it really works !!

Varun
11-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Brush your teeth often and keep your teeth in good condition. If you brush enough during the day, stains won't have time to set into your teeth. You should keep up with your oral hygiene to maintain a bright smile.

Laser is yet another teeth whitening tip that is widely used but also the most expensive.

Bleaching.

Whitening pens and brushes with which you can whitening your teeth by applying it directly to your teeth. There are several gels that are sold to be applied to your teeth, and there are also creams that you can put on your teeth. With both of these teeth whitening tips, you put on the gels or creams and then you wait for a certain amount of time before you brush your teeth. There are also creams that are bought in order to put inside a tray which you can put in your mouth. When the tray is removed, you will be able to brush your teeth and will hopefully find them whiter. There are also strips that you can buy to whiten your teeth. You put the strips onto your teeth and take them off after a period of time. However, it is very important you follow the teeth whitening tips on the box exactly as these products contains peroxide, which can be harmful in large doses.

Hariharan
11-15-2008, 08:32 PM
oh thank you all for suggestions.Any more tips,like say home made tips.

jeni_fini
11-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I love the toothpaste with the baking soda bubbling action. I know when I was growing up, my grandmother would suggest part baking soda and water but now you can get this in a toothpaste. I tend to drink lots of coffee and tea and crystal lite that all has staining affects. So any kind of whitening tip to me would be very appreciated and beneficial. Thanks for the thread

beauT29
12-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Mix 2 parts of Baking Soda and 1 part of Salt and brush your teeth regularly. In just 4 to 6 weeks you will notice a considerable amount of improvement in reducing the dark built up on your tooth.. Do not overuse it as it may affect your gums in the long run..

nlp18
12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks..! Reena and beauT29, i'll try both of your suggestions. And i'm sure i'll find a good result.

Kay
12-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Mix 2 parts of Baking Soda and 1 part of Salt and brush your teeth regularly. In just 4 to 6 weeks you will notice a considerable amount of improvement in reducing the dark built up on your tooth.. Do not overuse it as it may affect your gums in the long run..

I've tried that before and it worked well, so I can vouch for that. It really is something you don't want to do every day though because it can indeed be a bit rough on the gumline I found. It stings if it gets into any kind of cut or if you have sensitive gums. Moderation is key and I'd say even just once or twice a week is plenty.

Terrikrol
01-05-2009, 08:47 AM
The things which stains teeth are tobacco, coffee and some other foods that have a strong content of chemicals.So first reduce intake of these products and brush your teeth regularly.
Bleaching soda is a good way to whiten the teeths but use it wisely and its good to give a dentist visit to seek proper advice.

Solidone
01-16-2009, 07:50 PM
If you want your teeth to be or stay as white as possible you'll need to do the next things:
Stay away from all kinds of tobacco, brush your teeth at least two times a day, drink as much milk as you can ( so I've heard ) as this will keep your teeth strong and healthy, as milk contains a lot of calcium of course and other important nutrition. Oh and if your a gum freak, only the chew sugar free kind.

mattaff
03-21-2009, 03:06 AM
NIce one guys wish i'd seen this before i strted my own thread on it. appologies for that. I will endevour to try and use some of the tips mentioned the baking soda one sounds most practical fo me. Be great if it works

anne123
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Best Way to Whiten Up your Teeth:
---------------------------------
Everyone desires for sparking, bright & shiny teeth. Teeth whitening have been a helpful procedure to improve the colour of teeth. Teeth can be tinted on the surface due to drink or food, blackcurrant, red wine, tea; coffee has great effect on the yellowing of teeth. Smoking is also responsible for the discoloration of teeth. There are many solutions for whitening your teeth.
Laser whitening is called "power whitening"
This is quite an expensive method, but many people think that this is the perfect teeth whitening way. During this procedure, a rubber block is positioned over the teeth to protect the gum, & the whitening merchandise is then high lightened on the teeth. A laser is used to arouse the chemical. The light helps to boost the element reaction of bleaching product, in this way changed colour can be achieved more rapidly. Most of Dentists consider that laser whitening has always good result.

sindhu_pec
07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Flossing your teeth every day is the best way to prevent gum disease and protect your heart. Gum disease, which is left untreated, can lead to inflammatory reactions in the body that can trigger heart disease and stroke.

Hariharan
07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
wow man thats some great tips. Thank you all for sharing. :p:

Dennis
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
If you want have your teeth white you need to wash them every day for 2-3 times. And problem is, if you are smoking your teeth will be from day to day so yellow.

chinee
07-26-2009, 04:22 AM
You have to brush your teeth regularly, Avoid cigarettes, coffee or any foods that can make your teeth more yellowish than the usual. I suggest use sensodyne and mouthwash. And if you want go to your personal dentist at least once a month to have it clean.

kennypop
10-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Ive tried some of these whitening products ( cant remember the name of it now, but when I do I'll post the name of it ). It really dident work for me. But I see some new tips and tricks here that I havent tried.

I dont have have yellow teeths, but its not a colgate smile either. Reason for that is probably beacouse I use a tobacco product we have here in Norway called snus. It can make your teeths quite yellow if you dont brush and take care of your teeths!

chinee
06-26-2010, 01:09 PM
I suggest you to go to your dentist and have it done. There's a lot of ways to make your teeth white and I am pretty much sure that dentist knows best. Or If not why dont you use toothpaste that can whitens teeth. I prefer, you better use products from nu skin they have this AP24 whitening fluoride toothpaste.To convince you more I personally use AP24 toothpaste. And I tell you it works.

chinee
07-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Why dont you try to use whitening toothpaste like AP 24 whitening fluoride toothpaste from Nu Skin. I recommend this because I have used this before and it really removes stains while whitening , brightening and polishing teeth for radiant smile. Also, it provides a long -lasting fresh,clean mouth while aiding in prevention of dental cavities. Still, If you really want to make your teeth so white I suggest you to just go to a dentist and have your teeth undergo bleaching or you can consult your dentist on what to do to achieve the looks/teeth that you want.

chinee
01-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I would suggest you to use ap24 for your teeth because I have been using it for 2 years already and I must say it is very effective. My teeth was also yellowish like yours but who would say it now.

stevesmith
01-27-2011, 11:03 AM
HI,
This can help you to keep your teeth clean and white:
1.Gently brush your teeth at least twice a day.
2.Floss your teeth every day.
3.Avoid using too much fluoride
4.Avoid sticky, sugary foods.
5.Change your toothbrush every 3 months.
6.Eating apples helps in cleaning teeth and gum.
7.Avoid smoking
8.Avoid more consumption of coffee.
9.Avoid tobacco use
10 Use baking soda.
11.Take care when choosing a mouthwash.

abhinav singh
01-28-2011, 06:34 AM
You can blend hydrogen peroxide with your own toothpaste and brush your teeth using it. you can also add little amount of lemon juice so it will act as a stain remover but don't use too much lemon juice, it may cause your teeth to be weak.

jimparter
01-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Dental care is a requirement for strong gums, safety ofdental work, plus decreasing the risk of gum disease from precise health issues. One of the major common ailments treated by dentist is periodontal or gum disease. Periodontitis is more serious than gingivitis and affects the gums, the surrounding bone (causing bone loss), and the supportive structures of the teeth.

sandy
02-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Eat plenty of strawberries. Strawberries contain malic acid, a natural bleaching agent that may be just as effective as name brand teeth-whiteners. You can even mash a strawberry and apply it directly to your teeth to brighten your smile gently and effectively.

SuperBody
03-03-2011, 04:44 PM
yes baking soda is good and effective option but avoid smoking as well. teeth twice a day with some good paste.

Josh Evans
03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Baking soda really works. I put it on my toothbrush and in just 7 days my teeth got whiter than ever. I told my whole family. Now we all have white teeth. It will look like it stained your teeth even more but by the 4th day it will get whiter. TRUST Me!

paulspnao
04-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks for nice advice it’s very helpful for me. Strawberries contain malic acid, which acts as a whitening agent by dissolving surface stains. There are two methods of application: Make a paste by crushing one strawberry in a small bowl and mix with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Spread on teeth and leave for 5 minutes. Brush with toothpaste immediately after. Cut the fruit in half and use the inside to rub the berry's juice onto your teeth. Brush with baking soda to buff the enamel's surface. :h1:Rinse immediately and brush with toothpaste. It is imperative to brush and rinse as soon as possible after using the strawberries. The acid and natural sugar of the fruit should not be left on teeth too long. This method must be used sparingly, once a week at most, otherwise it could strip the enamel. Thanks for sharing.:h2:

agathatefora
07-28-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure if it really works but I have read from somewhere that a coconut oil - oil pulling whitens teeth.

Has anyone tried this before?

SiameseCat
09-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Apparently the baking soda method, most methods for that matter, are unsuitable for people with sensitive teeth.:(

sonali
09-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I have tried so many home remedies for teeth whitening and the only one that has worked for me is baking soda. The teeth only appears white for a short period of time though.

Jenny
11-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Take lemon piece and pour some salt on it and rub that piece on teeth its removes the yellowness of teeth.

Charlie
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi,
It is Depending on the shade of your teeth there are several options you can go with. Prior to any type of bleaching you should get a check up from your dentist to make sure you do not have any cavities first. Also make sure you do not have any fillings or crowns in your front teeth because those won't change color.

virginia
03-09-2012, 07:51 AM
There are some best ways to whiten your teeth. Make habit to brush after eating or drinking. Apply olive oil on your teeth after brushing. Always eat fruits and vegetables such as Apples, Carrots, Strawberries, etc.. Use Lemon's skin. Do not chew and smoking tobacco.

skinlover
03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
definitely don't drink alot of tea with sugar, my Mum has always drunk tea and her teeth are not in good condition. I don't drink it at all.

L.
x

vencasand
03-10-2012, 01:47 PM
sometimes you can't do anything. i inherited my dads teeth gene. i used to think he never brushed his teeth because they were so discolored but mine are the same way. when i was younger my teeth were never truly white but i always smiled anyway. i clench my teeth at night and i crack the enamel. some of the whitening products would totally destroy my teeth. you have to live with what you have and do the best you can with it. i just brush my teeth and make sure my mouth is germ free. at least for a while during the day. don't stop smiling and laughing because of discolored teeth. the smile is what counts.

y34963
03-10-2012, 05:33 PM
I thought I had posted this before but perhaps this issue is also another thread.

You have to be very careful when whitening your teeth. Teeth are not supposed to be snow white to begin with. We are totally obsessed with pure white teeth. The process is damaging to the teeth if you get carried away. All the bleaching, etc. will take the enamel off which cannot be replaced. Be very careful. Always consult a GOOD dentist as they will tell you to go easy on whitening.

kevinkrieger
02-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Things that can help whiten your teeth:
1. Baking Soda
2. Orange Peel
3. Strawberries
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
5. Lemon
6. Salt
7. Apples

jaksonjames015
09-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Avoid eating too much sweet which too badly attack on teeth and always make habit of two time brush your teeth whole day.

addisoncave
06-22-2016, 05:28 AM
Gently rubbing of banana peel for about 2 minutes whitens teeth

Lisha Dukes
07-14-2016, 03:21 AM
Baking soda works, there are available toothpaste with baking soda more convenient to use. You can also go to your dentist for teeth whitening. Avoid drinking coffee and smoking.

chloe19
02-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Okay we GOT tips how to make teeth white. So how about tips how to treat dry socket? As those who don't know, dry socket is one of the most painful dental problems during adulthood. :( There is still no reasonable answer for this problem, but the bacterial infection is believed to be the main cause. Besides, the possibility of suffering from dry socket is higher if you are used to smoking and have poor dental hygiene.
Painful feeling is definitely one of the very first and most annoying symptoms of dry socket. On the other hand, you might have bad breath and uncomfortable taste in the mouth. In some severe cases, the pain may spread to the ears, eyes and necks as a result of the connection among these parts of the body. Fever is commonly seen as well.
Other symptom can include:
Total or partial loss of the blood clot at the right position of the tooth extraction
Visible bone occurring the socket
Pain that is from the socket to the eye, ears, neck or temple on the same side of the face which has the extraction
Swollen lymph nodes around the neck or jaw.
It is so annoyed that I search for this article https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-dry-socket/ , which able to tell home remedies to treat this symptom. Luckily, it worked so I want to share with you guys how to get through it. Because after all, teeth are very important in our lives.

wangxiang851
03-10-2017, 11:27 AM
talk one or two pinch of salt and add 2 to 3 drops of mustard oil in it mix it and use it like toothpaste. it will help in bleeding gums and teeth whitening.
one can also rub charcoal on the teeth for teeth whitening.

ClaraBoston1980
01-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Thanks for sharing your tips! My dental health is really important to me so I try to visit a dentist twice a year. I also prefer using natural care products instead of chemical ones. Here is the bamboo toothbrus (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H8FJWW)h I've purchased. It's totally organic and it also a good way to reduce the usage of plastic to make our planet cleaner.