PDA

View Full Version : The All-Natural Lemon Face Mask

Desmodu87
09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to face. Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Then apply your regular skin moisturizer and do not forget the sunscreen.

TammyG
09-25-2008, 10:07 PM
I would not use this recipe if you have dry skin, though, as the lemon should act like an astringent. Sounds like a great one to try for oily skin, though. I printed this one out to give my daughter. Poor kid still gets a lot of pimples on her face due to her oily skin, even though she's almost 21.

alice
10-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I would not use this recipe if you have dry skin, though, as the lemon should act like an astringent. Sounds like a great one to try for oily skin, though. I printed this one out to give my daughter. Poor kid still gets a lot of pimples on her face due to her oily skin, even though she's almost 21.

Hey Tammy, although lemon does act as an astringent, but adding honey to it, mildens its acidic nature. So, this recipe can be used for dry skin too. I myself use a recipe similar to this one.:cool:

mimico
10-29-2008, 05:42 AM
What kind of clay do you use? Where do you get it? The only clay I know is the paly dough kind but I think that wouldn't be very good for the skin. This honey lemon mask does sound nice though..

K1nS
11-05-2008, 05:07 PM
This sounds great I will have to check this one out! :D Thanks alot for sharing this

beauT29
12-13-2008, 08:13 AM
What kind of clay do you use? Where do you get it? The only clay I know is the paly dough kind but I think that wouldn't be very good for the skin. This honey lemon mask does sound nice though..

The clay used here is "MULTANI MATTI" and it means "FULLERS EARTH".. It works well for the oily skin and in summers it can be used 3 to 4 times in a week. One of the simplest to get rid of oil from your skin is to mix multani matti with rose water and make a paste out of it and apply it. Wash off with lukewarm water after 20 min.

skinee
12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply to face. Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Then apply your regular skin moisturizer and do not forget the sunscreen.

does it leave it dry feeling. What about for wrinkles, is it supposed to help that?

I know someone who swears by lemon for age spots, but I don't have any to try it on YET, thank goodness:)

Carolsue22
02-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Lemon has been know to lighten age spots and it also is good for oily skin. However I have heard that you need to say out of the sun when applied lemon on the face.

As far as clays go, there are differnt types:

White china clay can be used on and dry skins.

French green clay for oily complexions

Yellow Kaolin Clay is mild clay making it suitable for sensitive skin. This clay is suitable for dry, sensitive or normal skin types.

That is what is so nice about homemade recipes, a little research and you can customize your skin care product to your specific skin type.

Starchild47
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I use French green clay when I make my masks. I want to add here that any of the mixture that is not used needs to be kept in the refrigerator or discarded as it can grow bacteria if it is kept at room temperature.

sweetcher
06-25-2009, 03:28 AM
OMG...
this looks like a really good recipe for me. Where do you buy the Yellow
Kaolin Clay from? Do they sell that at Beauty supply stores or cosmetic
counters in department stores. I would do it 3 times a week if it would
lighten my freckles:)

Carolsue22
06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Clay has wonderful properties for skin care. Used for facial masks and body wraps too. You can find Kaolin Clay at Essential Wholesale at really good prices.

Also to lighten freckles apply the fleshy side of a green papaya, right out of the fridge. Just apply the papaya to the spots for 15-20 minutes daily and repeat until you attain the desire lightness.

There are many more skin care recipes at Complete Skin Care Therapy, hope you can stop by and visit. You can use the left over clay to do a spot body wrap treatment on legs, arms, stomach etc. Hope you can drop by.

Addtionally I have a blog on that has tons of articles about skin care and hair care with home remedies it is at Skin Care and soo much more.

sweetcher
06-26-2009, 05:38 AM
Clay has wonderful properties for skin care. Used for facial masks and body wraps too. You can find Kaolin Clay at Essential Wholesale at really good prices.

Also to lighten freckles apply the fleshy side of a green papaya, right out of the fridge. Just apply the papaya to the spots for 15-20 minutes daily and repeat until you attain the desire lightness.

There are many more skin care recipes at Complete Skin Care Therapy, hope you can stop by and visit. You can use the left over clay to do a spot body wrap treatment on legs, arms, stomach etc. Hope you can drop by.

Addtionally I have a blog on that has tons of articles about skin care and hair care with home remedies it is at Skin Care and soo much more.

Hi CarolSue,

Thanks for all of the great information about lightening freckles. I love the idea of applying papaya daily - that sounds really healthy for the skin. I can't wait to read some of your blogs about skin care and hair care.

GAURAV
07-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Honey and lemon juice work for face mask or not:h2:

I've tried this and found these two ingredients VERY difficult to mix. The lemon juice seems to seperate from the thicker honey, so I add something that can absorb the lemon juice more readily, such as yogurt or crushed oatmeal. The more you blend these ingredients together, the better consistency your face mask will be. If you make a larger batch, you can keep it in a covered bowl in your fridge and use it the next day as a cooling, soothing mask. I frequently do this in the summer and look forward to using the chilly mask when I get off work. As far as the benefits of the ingredients go, they will both give your skin a delightful glow, and they are two of my preferred ingredients because they do not irritate my sensitive skin, but I can still reap the benefits.
Just be aware that the lemon juice may lighten your skin (freckles) and eyebrows. If you are only using a small quantity and not wearing your face mask while lying out in the sun for an extended amount of time, you will be just fine, and try to keep it away from your brows. Enjoy!!:sick::sick: