PDA

View Full Version : itchy, very red scrotum skin

barteck
09-26-2013, 04:34 PM

Any idea what's that? Very itchy, bleeding sometimes, very dry skin.
Have noticed that underwear which is not 100% cotton irritating it and makes itchiness and redness worse.

Please HELP!

Dr.Deepak
09-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello Bart welcome to dermatalk skin care forum. Looks like scrotal eczema to me. have you tried any medications? since when have you have this? do you have any lesions on groins or any other parts of the body.

barteck
09-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Hello Bart welcome to dermatalk skin care forum. Looks like scrotal eczema to me. have you tried any medications? since when have you have this? do you have any lesions on groins or any other parts of the body.
Hi Dr and thank you very much for your reply.
I have had this problem very long time now, I would say probably more than 10 years.
I have tried clotrimazole cream, hydrocortisone cream and Dermal 500. All those creams helped on the beginning but then seems not work at all.
I have notice that problem is getting worse when I sweat more.
Haven't notice any other problems on any other part of my body.
Right now my condition looks worse and I can see my skin is getting pinky under my penis and also single pink dot on the top of shaft of penis.
Skin after being irritated like you can see on the picture after few weeks starts peeling like after sun burn.
Thank you again

Dr.Deepak
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Well you may try tacrolimus oint 0.03%, works the same way as steroids but with much less side effects. Try some hypo-allergic moisturizing creams twice daily. Try to keep the area clean and cool, let the area breath. Wear loose fitting cotton underwares. See if that works.