PDA

View Full Version : Cold Sores

Djmarie21
09-20-2008, 07:11 PM
No one has posted about cold sores, that I could find.

Some tips:
Live culture yogurt can help control outbreaks.
L-lysine taken internally and topically also can help control and help heal outbreaks.

I get cold sores on my mouth during ovulation and during menstruation. Also, stress can cause cold sores. Being out in the extreme heat or extreme cold also triggers cold sores. Plus, getting sick can weaken your immune system and cause cold sores.

I have found that eating yogurt with live cultures and taking acidophilus pills helps control my outbreaks.

Warning: Do not take L-lysine if you are pregnant. It is an amino acid and it actually causes a barrier in the placenta that prevents other amino acids from getting through! When pregnant, only use L-lysine topically.

TammyG
09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
A simple trick to making a cold sore heal much faster is to dab a bit of toothpaste on it before going to bed or whenever you aren't out in public. It will only work with the old fashioned paste kind, not the newer gels or anything. I had an aunt and a sister who both suffered from frequent cold sores and this trick works like a charm.

Sabina
09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
nice tips thanks for sharing:D

Djmarie21
10-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Great tip! I had never heard of that one. I have heard about crushing up aspirin and making it into a paste. Same idea as the toothpaste... apply at bedtime or when you are not going out in public. When I used this method, I found it helped with the pain, but not with the healing time.

mimico
10-18-2008, 04:44 AM
When I have this, it's because I've eaten too much chocolates or peanuts. Anyway, I don't dab on toothpaste, but I do dab on mouthwash. It will sting (does the toothpaste or aspirin mask sting?) a bit but the effect is instant. The longer you burn the cold sore with the mouthwash, the faster it will shrink. I heard that gargling with salt and water also helps.

myskinsational
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I've tried everything to stop the out break and shorten the healing time but nothing seems to make a big difference, not even straight bleach. (yes, I did) - To minimize outbreaks, make sure you eat foods high in lysine like yogurt, cheeses, many dairy products AND avoid food s that are high in the amino acid argenine. (Like peanuts and chocolate.) When you do opt for the chocolate and nuts, make sure to take a Lysine supplement to keep your lysine levels higher than the argenine levels.. I'm down to two Outbreaks in 12 years now...and those came when I was really worn down.

vencasand
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM
the lysine topical helps but there are products out there to help cold sores heal more rapidly. one is abreva. it is sold over the counter in the usa. it is a little expensive but my customers buy it on a regular basis. i don't know the clinical termanology but it works as an anti viral and surrounds the sore so it doesn't keep growing to the bursting point. it is over the counter.

frankwinger
02-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Hello, cold sore can be prevented but not all the time. their very painful :S

varela.rossy
10-31-2014, 07:43 PM
great tips thanks for shearing. i follow this tricks

Peter
03-24-2016, 01:50 PM
I have had an outbreak of herpes and I am using a treatment for herpes (http://www.cureforherpes.meximas.com) lysine-based and I have been able to control the outbreak. I hope not to have more outbreaks.

MarieClark
04-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Nice tips i never heard before reading your post.

kaufenpreis
12-11-2016, 09:20 AM
I usually get cold sores at least once a year and I've been getting them since kindergarten. So far I am pending to see a GI and I am still new to digestive issues. For me cold sores would always accompany a fever and as a child I would take the over the counter liquid childrens fever medicine, I also used zovirax in the past but as I got to high school I would really only rely on abreva because it was convenient. Last month I had three cold sores on my mouth but I didn't have any abreva on hand, or medicine or anything so I just left them and they went away in about a week.

They used to be difficult for me but over the years I've gotten used to them. The one thing to keep in mind with them though is to wash your hands after touching your mouth or eating finger foods, etc. that's what I was taught as a child. No kissing either.

If they get to the point where they scrab, crack, and bleed try using Neosporin or Vaseline, they help ease that.

Peter
04-05-2018, 06:45 PM
I've got a treatment that kills herpes virus definitively. It is a treatment that combines natural remedies with medicines. It also requires changes in food.