PDA

View Full Version : Diet and Eczema

Djmarie21
09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
I have found that acidic foods affect my eczema and make it worse. When I cut down on the tomatoes and the pineapple, I get less breakouts.

Also, soda makes my eczema worse. The sugar and the carbonation break me out.

When I am broken out, sugar and dairy make my eczema worse.

Has anyone else found this to be true? What foods make your eczema worse?

Desmodu87
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I think the food we eat, has a lot to do with your immune system, so I think your diet important.

I think a lot of the foods in your diet could be taking away from your immune system and it's natural healing ability, so that would have a direct affect on your eczema.

Here is a site that I found that goes into detail about how your diet would and could affect your eczema.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/eczema.htm

Djmarie21
09-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the link! I will be checking it out. Even with all the information I already have, I still cannot manage to get my eczema under control without using steroids. I really don't want to have to keep coming back to steroids!

Desmodu87
09-23-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the link! I will be checking it out. Even with all the information I already have, I still cannot manage to get my eczema under control without using steroids. I really don't want to have to keep coming back to steroids!

It was no problem whatsoever, my pleasure. I hope it works out for you and please drop me a line in and tell me how it goes.

mimico
11-19-2008, 01:43 AM
For me, eggs, chicken, mangoes, eggplant, and peanuts make my eczema worse. I can eat these in moderation, but if i have say chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I will start to itch at night. I've been intending to have the skin allergy test but I keep putting it off because it looks painful and boring...

Djmarie21
01-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Well, we researched online and paid 29.99 for a book that is supposed to help me beat the eczema. It seems to mostly be about diet. Come to find out, everything I like to eat and have in my cupboards are all things that affect my eczema. Anyone else heard of this book? If so, did it work for you?