PDA

View Full Version : Dark circles under eyes

alice
06-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Hello guys, I have a dusky complexion and even then I have dark circles under my eyes. I am taking on an average 7-8 hours sleep and eating plenty of water too. What can be the reason am getting those and how can I get rid of them? It feels so awkward to me..:sick:

Dr.Deepak
06-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Dark circles are not really of much medical concern,these are just temporary and can be removed by treating the cause...

These are caused usually by dilated veins that drains from your eyes ,usually in the case of nasal congestions...or swelling of eyelids that appear as shadows below your eyes.
Another cause might be light carbon deposits that result from incomplete protein digestion. Incomplete protein digestion may result from insufficient hydrochloric acid in your stomach that may be caused from a lack of primarily B6 and Folic Acid.So taking adequate B6 and folic acid might help.

And it is believed that enadequate sleep also causes dark circles but the reason behind this is not so clear.Might be enadequate sleep reduces circulation thus creating shadows like apperances in eyes.

For treatment of dark circles you can try the following:
Apply skin creams that contain vitamin C or K, alpha hydroxy acid and kinetin.
Take a good sleep around 7-9 hrs but it varies from person to person.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water.
Reduce intake of excessive salt and quit smoking if you smoke.These impair your circulation.

Dark circles can result from chronic skin conditions, such as atopic eczema. Dark circles can also run in families.Treatment for chronic and severe undereye circles is directed at the underlying cause, if known, and may include bleaching agents and laser therapy too.

alice
06-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for your thorough suggestion for my problem 010081. I have also heard about vitamin C and K treatment and will try including more of fruit in my diet. Wasn't aware of the alpha hydroxy acid treatment, so, I'll give it a try. :)

aliva
06-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Presumably, you mean circles under the eyes. If the whole socket area of the eyes is dark, then it would most commonly hereditary. Even too much sleep can give dark circles under the eyes. So watch your sleep pattern. I’m not going deeply as 010081 has explained lucidly.

For treatment of dark circles you can try the following:

Smear a drop of olive oil before going to bed. If you’re a female, you can cover with foundation but it needs to be blended properly, otherwise it will look grey. So, learn it from somebody qualified to teach you how to apply.

chicque
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
you seem like you get plenty of rest and water, so i think that those circles are hereditary. you can try those under eye creams if you'd like, but the really good ones are expensive! i suggest you cover it up with concealer

alice
07-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks for your suggestions guys! I am currently using an eye-gel from biotique and it has shown me some positive results. My mother and father never had such problem, so, I guess in my case it is not hereditary and thats true that I do get grayish coloration under my eyes after I apply foundation. I have tried few methods but only concealer works the best for me..

mimico
07-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Hey there, I've had the same problem before but it was mainly due to lack of sleep during my college years. With my fair skin, it made me look like a raccoon! So anyway, I just want to share the eye cream I've been using. It's from the Body Shop's Vitamin E line. It costs around $15 in my area and actually works! Each tube lasts around 2 years and I'm actually on my second tube now. :) Anyway, it main claim to fame is that it "reduces the appearances of lines, dark circles, and puffiness" around the eye. I have no problems with wrinkles and puffiness, so I don't know if what the product claims to do is true, but I assure you that I haven't had dark circles around my eyes since freshman year, thanks to this product! :)

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
there are reasons for the dark circles some of them is because of lack of rest or sleep , some due to deficiency of water and some of them due to heredity factor . so it need different approach for deal with it.

kusum121
06-16-2016, 06:42 AM
Your plasma from your blood can help in treating dark circles.

lisa fletcher
07-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Try Almond oil. It is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.

addisoncave
09-15-2016, 09:15 AM
try crushed potato apply it on your eyes and then wash your face with warm water after 15 minutes do it regularly you will see the result it is a best way to red

LeticiaPeters
11-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Regular use of almond oil reduces dark circles, cucumber has skin lighting properties which reduces dark circles.

Susan Poche
01-09-2017, 04:11 PM
The main cause of dark circle is genetics. Besides, the aging process also contribute to the appearance of dark circles. As time passes by, the production of collagen in the skin is reduced, which leads to a change in the skin’s color. Additionally, environment and seasonal allergies also could be reasons.

wangxiang851
03-10-2017, 06:53 AM
externally what ever you will apply it will help u temporarily in hiding your dark circles but its no a cure and proper cure will not be reached till you are unaware the cause. i suggest u to go for cause that will more help you for permanently getting rid of dark circles.

MariselaGolden
11-19-2017, 02:45 AM
For a dark circle, I’ve been using dermalmd under eye serum for a month and I can see how the dark circles and the puffiness around eyes are reducing like no other product I’ve tried. The texture is so good! I really love it so far.

Shizakhan
11-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely. Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.

Alisha
12-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Use these remedies to overcome dark circles such as Tomato juice, Cucumber, Potato juice, Almond oil and Rose water etc. To learn more about beauty and makeup

Maria187
12-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Under eye, darkness is a lifestyle-related skin issue. The most common and controllable factors are:
Lack of sleep
Stress
Strain on the eyes due to excessive use of the computer
Excessive consumption of alcohol and excessive smoking
Excessive exposure to the sun
Allergy or irritation to eye makeup/cosmetics
Other factors that cause dark circles are:
Heredity – dark circles can be due to a genetic trait
Allergic reaction – side effect of any drug use
Eczema caused by dry skin
Injury or infection around the eye
Puffiness around the eye that comes with age
Vitamin deficiency
Treatment for dark circles:
My usual go- to the website to find remedies is for finding natural ways to treat them.
Additionally, you need to change your daily habits and do the following:*
* Drink 4 liters of water daily
* Sleep for 7–8 hours
* Use polarised sunglasses when outside
* Do not rub skin
* Maintain proper distance from laptop

Pinkwords
01-21-2018, 06:36 AM
I think u can try a clinic at Suntec - Radium Medical Aesthetics! They have a wide range of treatments to choose from. I tried the Refresh dark eye circle laser and the result is quite obvious.

avabella
04-14-2018, 07:31 AM
Visit a Doctor bcz as you told you are treated your self well through drinking water and getting perfect sleeping times

ninaholm
04-19-2018, 11:48 AM
The appearance of dark circles under the eyes is quite a common problem, bothering both men and women around the globe. Have you ever wondered How to get rid of Dark Circles in Dubai or any other place in the world? There are a number of treatments available to correct this problem, including topical eye creams and serums, laser therapy, skin resurfacing and injectable dermal fillers. You should try this treatment or read information about dark circles yesterday I found this.

Richa94
08-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Hi ,as you mention that instead of taking several preventive measures you are not getting rid of dark circles in such case you should apply some natural home remedies such as applying almond oil at night before going to bed ,juices of cucumber ,potatoes and tomatoes will definetly help you to get better result by applying these methods.

Pinkwords
08-11-2018, 02:55 PM
There are a few ways u can try and see which one best suits u.

- Gua Sha. This is a traditional way but not all clinic will know how to use this tactic. You may want to find one and try. The one i tried is at waterway point. quite good
- DIY. Cold tea bag. Leave it for 10mins. Twice a week and somehow I think is effective - at least to provide comfort for my tired eyes
- Aesthetics treatment. The recent treatment i went to, is radium medical at Suntec. I do see my eyes are looking better the next day after the treatment. But do check with the doctor if it is suitable for u or not.
- DIY. Home massage. Can use the roller and do it yourself after shower. apply some eye cream and roll around the eyes.

illeana
10-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Apply an under eye gel and creams to get rid off them. Also you can use concealers to hide them when you want to go out.

Daniela
10-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Same problem here! I've been dealing with dark under-eye circles literally since I can remember. I heard that it is hereditary. Then I heard it is because of having a 'thin skin'. Another article said that it is because of dramatic weigh loss/bad diets or even parasites! I didn't get to the 'centre' of the problem even though I sleep like you around 7-9 hours, am on a healthy vegan diet etc. I turned to external remedies like jojoba oil. It is quite leightweigh and I am applying a few drops of it in the morning and before I go to bed. I started seeing an improvement after 2 weeks (I would insert a comparison photo but I don't want to scare you :D ). The one that I am using is quite nice and it has a serum formula so it is really easy to apply: :)

I agree with you. Jojoba oil is amazing! I am always looking for vegan, pure products and this one you just recommend looks great. Will try it. Thanks!

jasjones845
12-18-2018, 07:08 AM
Use can use cucumber, coconut oil and take 8hrs sleep to overcome dark circles around eyes.

Ayesha
12-24-2018, 06:18 PM
consult to valid dermatologist

jesica roy
07-10-2019, 06:43 AM
you can must try these home ingredients to get rid of dark circle
1.sweet almond oil for dark circles
2.aloe vera gel for dark circles
3.argan oil for dark circles
4.apple cider vinegar for dark circles
5.coconut oil for dark circles
6.caster oil for dark circles
7.cucumber for dark circles
8.tomato for dark circles
9.green tea bag for dark circles
10.rose water for dark circles

MaTDonawan
01-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Additionally, environment and seasonal allergies also could be reasons.