PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what this rash looks like?

heatrash
08-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Hi I've had a rash now for a couple months. It's getting worse. When I first noticed, I passed it as heat rash, since I was in the car and it was very hot that day and I was sweaty. It on both sides of my back. I felt a few stings and started scratching, looked in the mirror and it was all red and bumpy. I put powder on it and forgot about it. It never really went all away, and would only feel it coming on when it got real hot and humid again.

Now it's just spread like crazy and is spready around my back to the sides of my stomach and starting to get smaller little itchy bumps on my arms and neck. The ones on my arms are smooth and you can't really notice, until you rub your hand over it. I went to the doc (not derm), only got to see the nurse practitioner, she was clueless, I had to bring up suggestions and then she went with it. "yeah, it does look like heat rash". I'm all, do you think it could be some kind of mite rash,bites from dust mites or anything? She said well, I know it's not scabies, but it might be...... OMG, she had no idea. She prescribed a tiny little tube of hydrocodizone 2.5% to put on it. Well, that will be gone in the next application.

I ended up going to the store and buying an acne body wash and one of the natural sponges and have been scrubbing with it. OMG, it feels so good to scratch it with that sponge. It's only been one day, so I'm not really sure if it's getting better yet. Although, it's spreading. It did take away, the little white heads and black heads that you might see in the photos.

Does anyone recognize this rash?2501

catherine
10-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Yea it look like heat rash to me too, i don't think hydrocortisone alone will help. you may need oral anti-itch medication and a little stronger steroid. Anyway how are you recently.

Allendawson
10-21-2013, 09:28 AM
You need to visit a good dermatologist. It can be rash or any other skin infection. You can also use antibacterial body soap. This can also help you.

Dr.Saiyan
10-23-2013, 05:15 AM
Hi Laura! It seems like heat rash or allergic contact dermatitis to me too caused by different things. As you seem to prefer black clothings which could also cause allergy to many. I would suggest you to wear light colour loose fittings clothings which would allow the sweat to come to surface , frequent cleaning and cooling of body taking cold shower and application of topical medication contaning antibiotic and mild steroid ( e.g fucidic acid and 1% hydrocortisone ) may be helpful as they may be also caused by toxin produced by bacteria staph. Calamine lotion may also be applied to calm the itching.
Hope you will let us know about your condition.