PDA

View Full Version : Skin Burn

kyle270
08-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey, im looking for a little help. About 2 months ago I tried to get rid of some dark brown spots on my temple that I was really sub-conscious about. I used glycolic acid to do it (stupid I know) but it resulted in a chemical burn on the side of my face. It heeled up fine, I kept putting a healing gel on to help it.

Its been about 2 months now, and it is still quite red, and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Will it just take time to do so, or what should I do?

any advice would be appreciated!

thanx

catherinebeauty
08-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Try applying a mixture of sour cream and honey, this is really moisturizing and should calm the irritated skin :)
If not, I highly recommend that you go see a dermatologist... This might be serious enough.

Dr.Deepak
08-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Scar takes time to heal just be patient. For complete healing it takes around 6 months to a year. Make sure to avoid excess sun.. But can u post a clear pic so we can have a look and if possible suggest to something...

Terry
01-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Chemical burns heal just fine with self-care. However, if a wound becomes infected or appears to be healing very slowly, it's a good idea to consult a doctor. Deep chemical burns also require medical treatment; the wound should be rinsed with mild antibacterial soap and allowed to air dry. Blisters, scabs, and peeling skin should not be picked at, as this can inhibit healing. The use of creams and ointments is also discouraged, as this can inhibit air circulation at the site of the burn.

kevinkrieger
02-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Lemon juice is very effective to remove brown spots. Apply it to the affected area directly. You can also apply paste of honey and lemon.

ascotlee
05-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Some tips for skin burn are as following-
-Wear sunscreen lotions.
-Cover your neck,arms and face before going outside.
-Rub the damaged area with lemon.

hadley
06-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Maybe you should see a dermatologist just to be on the safe side of things.

Pantherkaur
09-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Mix cucumber juice with yogurt. Apply it for 15 minutes and wash it.