PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my rash....:(

Deysongrey
08-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I work in a seafood processing facility (specifically, lobster). I take the little buggers and rip them apart while they're still alive. It's great. Except that I get very wet at work. I have a smock and apron I wear, but they only help so much.

So here's the gist of the rash: It mainly started on my forearms (inner part) as little clear itchy bumps. I wasn't too alarmed by this as I get it every summer. Figured it was a heat rash of sorts. But soon, they turned into red itchy bumps, of varying size. Some of them looked like little white-headed pimples.

It wasn't long it extended as far as my elbow. And then to my upper arm. (still on the inner, tender part). Then it was in my armpits, and going down my sides to my lovehandles, and circling around my the underpart of my chest and up the middle. It's also extended down to my lower stomach, my crotch area, and my inner thighs, and some on the backs of my knees.

On Tuesday I finally went to the doctor, when I realized it was spreading so bad and was beyond my control. Doc said it looks fungal, and its probably yeast. She gave me a scrip for a single fluconazole pill with an optional refill, and some nystatin cream. She said to continue using the lotrimin as well, and to keep putting goldbond medicated powder on. She also said to stay away from epsom salt baths, which I had been doing as some co-workers had said it helps.

So I've been trying my best to stay dry at work, which is almost futile. But I change my clothes regularly, and keep putting on more goldbond....

Well, it's definitely "improved" a bit, but already on my forearm I see it starting to revert. I've continued the goldbond, and bought another spray intended for athlete's foot but has the same medicine as monistat in it and have been spraying that on. I've pretty much used up all my cream because the rash was so extensive.

I'm wondering if my doctor was wrong, because from what I've read about yeast infections mine doesn't quite seem to fit the description.

Anyway, if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative! I cannot live like this. Constant itching which even if I can keep from scratching during the day, at night my hands take on a life of their own and I spend most of the night scratching in my sleep, and I wake up with nasty chafing from all the scratching.

Here's a picture if it helps; my left forearm.

NaturallyNubian
08-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi Deyson. I'm not sure whether or not I agree with your doctor. However, I have a simple, inexpensive solution that may work for you if you'll try it and stick with it.

Here's the deal:

1. Take about two to three cups of fine grain oatmeal (Quaker will do). Pour into your bath under warm, running water. Do this before bed and soak for about 20-30 minutes to reduce itching and to soothe skin.

2. Apply olive oil (store bought is fine) to your rash after bathing in the oatmeal bath before you go to bed. I love the combination of Shea Butter and Hemp seed oil for this, but olive oil will do fine (if you want the Shea Butter/Hemp Seed oil recipe and instructions for this, let me know - this is a staple in my home). However, this simple tip with the oatmeal/olive oil should help to greatly reduce the itching. Hope this helps, and blessings to you Deyson!