PDA

View Full Version : Dry lips,please help

Divyaa
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
These few months I feel like my lips are too much dry. I wet them frequently but after few minutes it again dry.Its summer now but still lips are dry.i'm afraid this dryness will be severe in winter. Is anything wrong with my lips. What can I do. Plz help.

Ashu
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
you can use Vaseline its not expensive and works great.Besides redydrate your body with plenty of water,rule out if there is some allergy to lipsticks by consulting expert,apply cool wet cloth to hydrate lips,make sure your diets contains rich vit-A. you can visit a dermatologist to rule out any medical conditions.

Tina Chettri
09-05-2008, 05:02 PM
take plenty of water and use Vaseline .protect your lips from sun and wind.

skinee
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I like Carmex and agree to hydrate yourself well

Djmarie21
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree with the hydration.

Also, Bath and Body Works sells this awesome rose salve. It works wonders! It is for anything dry or chapped. My son licks and we use it to teal the skin around his lips.

Desmodu87
09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
These few months I feel like my lips are too much dry. I wet them frequently but after few minutes it again dry.Its summer now but still lips are dry.i'm afraid this dryness will be severe in winter. Is anything wrong with my lips. What can I do. Plz help.

I am in agreement with the other members of this forum.

The amount of water that you consume has a big effect on the condition of your skin/lips.

Most people don't take the time to drink enough water during the day, so their bodies suffer for it.

So increase your intake of water and you should be fine. Another suggestion that I would make is for you to find a lip balm that is to your liking.

Together with the increase in your water consumption, that should fix the problem right there.

Hope that helped :)

TammyG
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
When you say that you wet your lips frequently, is that by licking your lips? A lot of people are under the impression that licking their lips will keep them moist when in fact, it's a huge cause of chapped lips. If this is what you are doing, work on breaking that habit. Try a lip balm like Carmex to heal them quickly and then simple petroleum jelly will do.

mimico
10-18-2008, 05:37 AM
I have dry lips all the time too because I don't drink a lot of liquids. SO drink water and use a lip balm all the time. If you wear makeup, try going without lip stick or lip gloss for a while. Adding color to your lips will most likely make it dry because of the chemicals used. Vaseline at night also works if you're not allergic to it. :)

alice
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
I also suffer from the same problem, and I use olive oil for myself. Olive oil when applied before bed, helps to soothen the lips in the morning and prevents their chapping. Vaseline is also a good option that works flawlessly.

K1nS
11-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I get dry lips when it comes to winter, I always make sure I carry a little tub of vasiline lip barm with me, it helps alot

nlp18
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I accept the suggetions of all my friends. Me too suffered with same problem, i used himalaya lip balm in those times which contains wheatgerm oil, carrot seed oil, and vitamin E. And i found a difference with in two weeks. If you wish you try it.

Kay
12-30-2008, 03:16 AM
I never knew that the amount of water you drank affected your lips! That's interesting because I'm very guilty of drinking nothing except coffee and mine are always dry. When I remember to use a plain old chapstick though that helps a lot. I believe that coffee can dehydrate you too but I could be wrong.

Djmarie21
01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I know that licking is horrible! My eight year old is a chronic lip licker and he licks around his mouth. Your mouth is where digestion starts, so when you lick your lips, you are depositing digestive enzymes on them, and it breaks down your skin, digesting it!

Water is essential for our bodies. We can go without food for a long period of time, but we cannot go without water. Going without water causes your body organs to shut down and you will die.

So it makes sense that water is essential to keeping your lips (and skin) moisturized. I have found that taking a tablespoon of olive oil at night helps my skin stay moist. Consider doing that to get your lips back to moist, as well as applying olive oil on your lips, as another poster suggested.

(I hope I didn't sound like I was lecturing just now!)

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Never wet your lips with water as they tend to dry and irritate more as the water evaporates instead always keep a lip balm of a chapstick ready (I keep it in my jeans pocket all the time)

marclewis
08-18-2014, 10:02 AM
You can apply coconut oil for your dry lips.

Pantherkaur
08-21-2014, 12:05 PM
you have to use milk cream on lips before going to sleep daily. It works definitely.