PDA

View Full Version : How can i get rid of sunburn

beefire9
06-25-2008, 12:04 AM
can anyone has better way to get rid of sunburn quickly please help

Dr.Deepak
06-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Get a bowl with some ice cubes and salt on it.get a face towel and soak it on bowl with ice water.and apply the towel on the affected area,this might help

alice
06-28-2008, 06:16 PM
What I do on getting sunburns is, apply a mixture of curd and tomato pulp in a paste form on the affected parts and it provides me instant relief. Moreover, curd and tomato pulp are also known to lessen the pigmentation caused by those burns. Try this..it will surely help you.

aliva
06-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Some soothing compresses relieve sunburn. You can use cold water and skimmed milk [1 cup of milk and 4 cups of water with ice cubes in it] or apple cider vinegar in compressed form to ease discomfort.

The juice of freshly cut aloe alleviates pain, but should not be used on severe blisters, as an infection can result.

Also you can sit in a tub filled with cool water in which a cup of corn-starch has been mixed for good result.

Plain yogurt smeared on the skin is very soothing. So is a compress of lettuce leaves in water. Boil some lettuce leaves in water. Cool it in the fridge, soak a towel in it, rinse the towel out and place over the heated skin it will give comfort. Drink lots of water and follow a balanced diet.

beefire9
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh thank you .i actually used cold ice and worked like a charm.thanks all for suggestions.

chicque
07-01-2008, 01:15 AM
well, first of all..you should have worn sunscreen! lol. anyway, put some aloe on it because i calms your skin and most aloe gels out there have a cooling thing added to them, which helps relieve you.

Hummad
07-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Use Sunscreen and try to cover your face with viel and wear glove in extreme sun hours.

beefire9
07-05-2008, 06:54 AM
thanks chicque and humid :) hey wht is viel is it somekind of lotion or...sorry for my bad english.. is it sun veil..

akhanna01
07-07-2008, 05:10 PM
apply mixture of curd and multani mitti.

Djmarie21
09-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Not to plug a certain product, but my husband got me hooked on Banana Boat's After the Sun Lotion. It is amazing! I am a freckled redhead and even with sunscreen, I still burn. The after the sun lotion really helped me to heal in just a day!

Natural Elements
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Try to use the kukui lotion that's a very effective way to heal naturally. These products are not very expensive, try first the unscented 4oz.

Solidone
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I think the best way of getting rid of sunburn is to apply some form of lotion or cream a few times a day. I remember when I got sunburned badly I would just use this cooling type of cream and some lotion. The heat and peeling stopped in a few days.

akk
03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Home treatment measures may provide some relief from a mild sunburn.

* Use cool cloths on sunburned areas.
* Take frequent cool showers or baths.
* Apply soothing lotions that contain aloe vera to sunburned areas. Topical steroids (such as 1% hydrocortisone cream) may also help with sunburn pain and swelling. Note: Do not use the cream on children younger than age 2 unless your doctor tells you to. Do not use in the rectal or vaginal area in children younger than age 12 unless your doctor tells you to.

A sunburn can cause a mild fever and a headache. Lie down in a cool, quiet room to relieve the headache. A headache may be caused by dehydration, so drinking fluids may help.
There is little you can do to stop skin from peeling after a sunburn-it is part of the healing process. Lotion may help relieve the itching.