PDA

View Full Version : Can male use the same skin care products as women

deeny
06-24-2008, 10:50 PM
can men use the same skin care products as women? Or do men need something different for acne problems?

Dr.Deepak
06-25-2008, 12:27 AM
no its the same products,but depends on your skin type.For acne, treatment options are almost same as women.

lilabytes
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree with the admin. If you are treating acne then men and women can both use the same products. If you're asking about facial wash, moisturizers and the likes, then the answer is no. Men have different needs and there are many facial products in the market that are made for men's use.

BrendaMarie
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I also agree that it's more about what type of skin do you have and not whether it's a product for men or women. In fact, I really don't get those that advertise their products in that way... Aren't they limiting the money that they could be making?

alice
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I used to think that both men and women can use the same products until I read the literature regarding this, and it states that both men and women have a totally different set of regulations that control our skin. Men have different hormones that make their skin different as compared to women.

Women, in general need milder products as compared to men.

chicque
07-10-2008, 04:31 AM
in essence, human men and women have almost the same genetic composition. so those skin care products that i use, my brother could use. now..people in general have different skin types! so thats another thing to consider.

BrendaMarie
07-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Alice, I'd be interested in seeing what you read. Not that I'm trying to be difficult here but it just doesn't make any sense to me and so I'd like to read it for myself.

mimico
07-10-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't see why not. It's not as if our skin's different just because of our gender. But guys have slightly bigger pores in my opinion so they ought to use a toner that's formulated for men. Anyway, there are a lot of facial washes for guys in the market nowadays so it shouldn't be hard to find one. :) I know there are good ones Nivea, which Admin likes to use.

BrendaMarie
07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm like you I guess mimico... I don't see why people can't use the same products but I do know that there are a lot that are made just for men and just for women.

deeny
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
oh thank you all for your response.

luvurskin2
02-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I used to think that both men and women can use the same products until I read the literature regarding this, and it states that both men and women have a totally different set of regulations that control our skin. Men have different hormones that make their skin different as compared to women.

Women, in general need milder products as compared to men.

actually mens skin is much more sensitive than womens believe it or not! It is thicker than womens which causes the common misconception that women are more sensitive. Different products should be used depending on skin type which may be determined by hormone levels.

akshaykalia
03-21-2009, 06:15 PM
There is no barrier whether both the genders can use it.There is no harm if a man uses a girl cream, provided the skin type is the same..

soulrider
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
it depends...some kinds of skin products can be used by both men and women...some other types can not be used as the skin type varies ...

shona
04-01-2009, 12:27 AM
I do agree with Alice, i have a friend who went through a sex change (man to woman) and she told me that her skin has now changed because of the hormone tablets. Women have much softer skin then men but i always thought thats because we dont shave.... overall everyones skin is different!!

brybry
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I used to use my gf's products, but now in the UK more emphasis is being given to men's products so it is easier for me (& my gf lol).. Although I did like using my gf's stuff.. just don';t go reading too much into that ;)

vencasand
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
i noticed that boys/men use the same prescription topical treatments and accutane. of course they can't use some of the stuff that girls use but topical treatments are for acne not for any particular sex.

Dr.Deepak
06-18-2009, 06:57 AM
I used to use my gf's products, but now in the UK more emphasis is being given to men's products so it is easier for me (& my gf lol).. Although I did like using my gf's stuff.. just don';t go reading too much into that ;)

Me too i use nivea Sparkling White Whitening Scrub. I guess its made for women but its suits me more than mens ,whenever i use mens i get pimples and all.

Dennis
06-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I think that male can use same skin care products as female because we all have the same skin, maybe male`s skin is roughened than female, but in bigger quantities (for male) effectiveness is the same like for female. IMO...

Dennis

Valence
06-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Especially for acne treatment, gender does not really matter because the major causes for acne are 1. stress and 2. unhealthy life style.