PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn

aliva
08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
If you have sunburn, I can suggest the application of vinegar to alleviate your suffering! It is extremely effective. Not only that it gets rid of your sunburn, but it cleans away the dirty, dead cells of the skin.

jeni_fini
11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree with you Aliva. I have tried this and it does help temporarily. The cool effect it has on the skin and the temporary relief does make it a natural sunburn reliever. I have also used Noxema. This to me does the trick as well.

Terrikrol
01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
I have heard also that Vinegar is effective in sunburns but taking regular showers can be better for sunburns.
The effective way to use vinegar is use a towel soaked in vinegar and applying it regularly in the effected area of the skin.

akk
03-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Home treatment measures may provide some relief from a mild sunburn.

* Use cool cloths on sunburned areas.
* Take frequent cool showers or baths.
* Apply soothing lotions that contain aloe vera to sunburned areas. Topical steroids (such as 1% hydrocortisone cream) may also help with sunburn pain and swelling. Note: Do not use the cream on children younger than age 2 unless your doctor tells you to. Do not use in the rectal or vaginal area in children younger than age 12 unless your doctor tells you to.

icebreaker
04-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Sunburn is common during summer due to ultraviolet radiation coming from the sun. People obtain this kind of skin disorder as they expose their skin under the heat of the sun for long period of time.

sweetcher
06-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Home treatment measures may provide some relief from a mild sunburn.

* Use cool cloths on sunburned areas.
* Take frequent cool showers or baths.
* Apply soothing lotions that contain aloe vera to sunburned areas. Topical steroids (such as 1% hydrocortisone cream) may also help with sunburn pain and swelling. Note: Do not use the cream on children younger than age 2 unless your doctor tells you to. Do not use in the rectal or vaginal area in children younger than age 12 unless your doctor tells you to.

I run for the Aloe Vera as soon as I can. It's been really helpful for me. I have a Aloe plant growing specifically for this purpose... it's a big one!

vencasand
06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
i am an aloe vera lover myself. i use to have the plant but i think i used too much of it and it died. fruit of the earth has aloe vera without additives.

sweetcher
06-24-2009, 05:19 AM
i am an aloe vera lover myself. i use to have the plant but i think i used too much of it and it died. fruit of the earth has aloe vera without additives.

Thanks... that's really good to know. I like to keep it around all the time!

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Soaking in warm water containing 1 to two cups of baking soda, for ten to twenty minutes can help soothe skin irritations like sunburn and other summer-related issues like bug bites. Once you step out of the bath pat dry the skin instead of rubbing it. If you wish to treat small areas of your body like the top of your feet you can apply a paste of baking soda and water directly to the affected area.

Dennis
07-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, of course that you should clean your dead skin (cells) from your body if you have sunburn but also you need to use some creams because when you are taking your clothes off, you are scraping that part of body and it will be really red. Listen me ;)

teguhyuliantos
05-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I am agree with your suggestion, thanks for sharing your tips.

mac38
01-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Well even I have heard of it but it would be best if it is used along with curd.

rubyJacksonn
10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Yes,sunburn is caused by UV radiation, either from the sun or from artificial sources, such as welding arcs, the lamps used in sunbeds, and ultraviolet germicidal irradiation.

So use sunscreen , it not only protect us from sunburns, but they can also help prevent wrinkles and fine lines.

Stay out of the sun during peak hours and use sunscreen on any exposed areas.

Don't lie in the sun purposefully seeking a tan.

Put a small amount of oil or sunscreen in your hair so you will avoid burning your scalp.

Hope this Help.

Blondie
10-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Glad somebody bumped this thread.

I don't burn much these days, but aloe with allantoin is the best remedy ever.

julliawison
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks for suggestion Aliva.Ya it's best for skin.and extremely effective.

marclewis
08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Always use best sunscreen before going to outside. It can prevent your skin from sunburn. Lemon juice is the best home made remedy to clean your affected area.

Pantherkaur
08-14-2014, 04:28 AM
You should avoid direct sunlight, If you are suffering from sunburn. Apply yogurt to all sunburned areas. Rinse off skin with cool water.
Apply a moisturizing lotion or Sunscreen cream with SPF30.