PDA

View Full Version : after-sun care

chicque
08-10-2008, 01:15 PM
so i just came back from vacation on a very very hot country (the philippines) the sun there is extremely brutal! so i learned that after a day at the beach, you should cover your body up with a concentrated aloe gel just so your skin can cool down, and the aloe will sooth and moisturize your inflamed skin.:h11:

aliva
08-12-2008, 07:46 PM
After swimming, towel off thoroughly. More of the sun’s rays penetrate wet skin than dry skin. If you have a tiring day, wash your face with chilled rose water.

beatrix_kiddo
01-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes aloe gel works well for sun exposure. My mothers used make it herself at home. I used to think it was all sticky and gross. The aloe can also be used on skin before going out it will guard your sun from sun rays and off course it is cooling.

lil_sasha
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I will keep this in mind for the next time I go on holiday, I burn so easily so I have to use a very high factor of sun lotion. I try to stay in the shade alot of the time because I end up with blisters etc. if I stay out in the sun too much

Valence
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
ALOE is one of the BEST things you can use for after sun care! I have a BIG aloe tree in my garden that I make my own aloe jel and use it everyday to maintain my skin:p

I added my after sun care lotion recipe under Free Skin Care Recipes. Please check them out if you are interested!!:h10:

sindhu_pec
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
:DAnother home remedy that works wonders for sunburns is an Epsom Salt bath. Dissolve a cup of Epsom salt in boiling water and then pour the solution into a warm bath. Soak yourself into this bath for fifteen to twenty minutes.

Dennis
07-04-2009, 07:11 PM
If you`re already burned by sun, do not touch it. Maybe use some normal cream for skin and it will past. I have same problem every year :)