PDA

View Full Version : Scabies?

arosega
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, have a question regarding a few possible diagnoses. I have had an itch for the past few weeks, and I'm pretty sure it's either Scabies or a reaction a medicine I started taking around then (Pantoprazole). The itch matches the description of Scabies, and the only info I've gotten from possible side effects/reactions to the medicine are a general itch. The dermatologist did not find anything for Scabies under the microscope, but gave me stuff to treat for it anyway. I haven't started this, as I went off the medicine soon after to test if it was that. I have not had conclusive results - I thought it was going away a bit, but I'm not sure if it's been significant enough to begin to conclude anything. Here are some pictures of a new point of itch on my hand. My question is how conclusive would you say it could be scabies? If it's decently sure I'll just start the medicine now, the itch is pretty annoying.

ascotlee
05-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Scabies is a problem related with skin.Its called any type of infection.

grandmaBrenda
05-24-2014, 01:45 PM
scabies is caused by a mite and is contagious. these mites burrow under your skin and reproduce. use the medicine to kill them. wash your sheets and bedding in hot water. the word dermatitis is the word for any kind of unknown skin rash.

Pantherkaur
08-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Scabies is a skin disease caused by infestation. Scabies mites are very sensitive to their environment. They can only live off of a host body for 24-36 hours. Sexual contact is the most common form of transmission among young people.

marclewis
08-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Scabies is a skin condition caused by mite. Neem plant is good to treat scabies.

sophia ellison
06-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Scabies refers to the skin condition in which your skin is affected by tiny mites and this can be treated lotions and creams. These mites can be seen with the help of microscope. Skin rash, itching, pimple, sores and blisters are the main symptom of scabies.