PDA

View Full Version : Rash on Inner Thigh - What Could it Be? (picture)

stever7593
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello,

I am a nineteen year old male and I have had a rash on my left inner thigh for about four years. When it first began, it was very large, a reddish pink color and itchy, but, over time, it has become much smaller, the color of my skin/slightly pink, less itchy and less bumpy. When I exercise for a long time or if I walk long distances in warm weather, it disappears and the location of where the rash usually is becomes very smooth. I am not sexually active. I have considered that it could be jock itch, psoriasis or eczema, but it does not seem to match with any of the pictures that I have viewed of any of those conditions, so I am not sure. The picture should appear below... 2401

Dr.Saiyan
05-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi Steve ! Welcome to DermaTalk . Wanna ask you few questions? Are these lesions hard or soft, fluid filled or pus filled?do you have such lesions in other parts of body as well? Can you post some other pictures?

stever7593
05-19-2013, 05:11 PM
No problem! I would say that the lesions are hard, but they just feel like regular skin. After getting out of the shower, the skin is soft and I am able to remove dead skin cells, but once everything is dry, they just feel like regular skin except bumpy. Also, they are not fluid filled or pus filled, just skin bumps. I do not have these lesions on any other parts of my body.

kevinkrieger
01-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Never scrath it, you can apply cocoa butter can help and always wear loose cotton clothes. If simple measures doesn't work, consult your doctor.