PDA

View Full Version : Somehing weird on my scalp

DanikaM
05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi guys,
I have been trying to find a similar skin condition through the web but so far I didn't have any luck.
Well, here is my problem; I couple years ago I developed something like a boil on my scalp, it wasn't so big o painful around 1/2 square inch or less; I never pop it but ne day my mom saw it and she grab me a pressed, it popped and the normal stuff came out and that was all. But a month later I developed something like a scar but is more like a depression in my skin and kinda like a bald spot but there is still hair on it; I was afraid to see it and I tried to ignore it.
One day I friend saw it a she got concerned; so I grabbed a mirror and look at it and it was weird. But still I felt kind of embarrassed about it; so I continued to ignored but know my BF saw it and he told me that I should check what is it.
It is pretty weird, I have like a depression on my scalp and the follicles are like little holes with 3, 4 or 5 hairs coming from each one, my bf started putting some pressure on each one and something like the stuff that comes from blackheads started to come out, is dry and dark yellow; and sometimes he need like a needle just to pull it out not to puncture the skin, is like each follicle was clogged with this stuff. After that he noticed that size of each hole got smaller, like if it was swelling for the stuff inside of them.
But know he made me curious about what it is, or what is happening.
So I have attached some pictures; if someone has an idea about what it is please let me know.

Cheers.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByE_znk-a6ctY2U0aktLZEdsbms/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByE_znk-a6ctclctUmhLS2l4ZFk/edit?usp=sharing

Dr.Deepak
05-16-2013, 06:46 PM
It looked like Nevus Sebaceous initially, but could be naevus comedonicus. so have you had any lesion when u were child ( when did ur mom popped,..age).Does it have any sensation now, pain, itch, burning/tingling? How old are you?

You may apply antibiotics or take oral antibiotics if u suspect any infection. Although several treatment options are available, surgical excision is the best option. Most importantly in case of inflammatory type, repeated bacterial infection is very common.

Being said that diagnosing online just by the pic is hard, direct visual examination is very necessary in most of the skin condition. SO i would suggest u to visit the dermatologist and confirm the case ( in some case biopsy may be required) and treat accordingly.

NaturallyNubian
05-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Hello Danika. Before I start, I want to encourage you to please share this post with Mom, because I believe she's concerned as well and wants to help you. First, I'll be very honest with you, I'm really not sure I know what the condition on your scalp is.

However, what I do know is, whatever it is, looks like it may be infected due to the boil being filled, then popping to reveal perhaps pus, which is ordinarily full of bacteria.

Tea Tree oil is a superb, natural essential oil that has some great benefits for just about any skin or scalp condition you can think of. In other words, you can't go wrong applying natural Tea Tree oil to your scalp as it is an anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti viral and anti inflammatory agent.

So whatever, it is on your scalp, it is probably something that has to do with fungus or bacteria (based on what you say about the "normal stuff" coming out after being popped). In either case, Tea Tree oil may be your effective, natural solution to harsh chemicals to help your scalp.

If you go see your doctor, most likely, he/she may tell you what is going on with your scalp or what they think is going on with your scalp, if they can. Then the doc may prescribe you some type of oral or topical cream or med to apply to your scalp or take internally which may help, then it may not.

Many (not all) synthetic prescription creams and oral meds containing certain synthetic drugs only mask the symptoms, but not the underlying cause.

If I were you, I would try the Tea Tree oil first to see if it clears up. Tea Tree oil helps with unclogging hair follicles and clearing up bacterial and fungal infections, reducing dandruff, dry scalp, etc.

You can apply a few drops of Tea Tree oil (neat - undiluted) directly to your lesions, 2 to 3 times daily, and also add about 20 drops to about 2 oz. of your favorite shampoo (depending on how much shampoo you ordinarily use to wash your hair). You can adjust the amount as you see fit.

If you prefer, you may also add about 30-40 drops to about 4 oz. of Jojoba oil, shake bottle to mix well and apply topically to the lesion 2 to 3 times daily, since that area on your scalp seems very dry.

Jojoba oil is also great for hair and scalp which has been used for ages to treat certain skin/scalp conditions. If your scalp lesion is hard, dry and crusty, you may try the Tea Tree oil with the Jojoba oil to moisturize the scalp, kill any bacteria or fungus and eventually dissolve or remove the lesion.

To make it convenient for you Danika, I would give you the links for you to get the Tea Tree oil and Jojoba oil inexpensively, but I can't. Last time I shared some links to give more insight, help and resources to another questioner, my entire post was deleted, even though I stood to gain nothing monetarily from the links I provided.

So because of that, I will just say, you (or Mom) can get the Tea Tree oil from MountainRoseHerbs.com or your local drug store, health food store or pharmacy - whichever is most convenient for you. I used Tea Tree oil and Jojoba oil myself and have bought many times from the above mentioned company, and have had very good experiences with this product and service. Danika, if this scalp condition gets no better, please see a doctor. Hope this helps.

DanikaM
05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
It looked like Nevus Sebaceous initially, but could be naevus comedonicus. so have you had any lesion when u were child ( when did ur mom popped,..age).Does it have any sensation now, pain, itch, burning/tingling? How old are you?

You may apply antibiotics or take oral antibiotics if u suspect any infection. Although several treatment options are available, surgical excision is the best option. Most importantly in case of inflammatory type, repeated bacterial infection is very common.

Being said that diagnosing online just by the pic is hard, direct visual examination is very necessary in most of the skin condition. SO i would suggest u to visit the dermatologist and confirm the case ( in some case biopsy may be required) and treat accordingly.

Well I'm 28, It doesn't itch or feel any pain, but sometimes when I get anxious I start scratching it but other than the bald spot I don't have any sensation at all. I have this condition for about 3 years, I'm shy and my hair is very delicate so I'm afraid to put any cream or ointments on it. But I'm gonna try to see a dermatologist.

Dr.Deepak
05-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Yup do see the dermatologist so he will suggest you better treatment, if everything is ok, surgical removal of the bald spot will solve the problem or laser therapy, whatever your derm suggest.

DanikaM
05-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Yup do see the dermatologist so he will suggest you better treatment, if everything is ok, surgical removal of the bald spot will solve the problem or laser therapy, whatever your derm suggest.

thanks, I'm gonna try to make an appointment this weekend with a dermatologist.