PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my facial skin please.

yayforgarrus
05-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello, it would be nice if you could give me some input on my skin condition, so ill describe it for you. I have red facial skin, its not blush red, more like irritated red, its not to severe but still noticeable. I also have backheads on my nose, sides of nose, and forehead. My skin feels tight when i raise my eyebrows and open my mouth, it goes rather red after stretching too. My skin also produces an above average amount of oil, but still feels tight.

Ive tried antifungals, which didnt help, also my scalp line us fine and so is around my eyes. I also dont think its rosacea as i dont have skin bumps or blood vessels that are visable.

Lastly, in the shower i can usually scrape of white sediment from my skin, which i think is mainly sebum.

Dr.Deepak
05-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Hello Danny, from what you have describe, your problem may be Seborrheic dermatitis. If u can, please do upload clear pics. Does it itch? since when have you had this? what anti-fungal or other medications have you applied?

yayforgarrus
05-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Hello Danny, from what you have describe, your problem may be Seborrheic dermatitis. If u can, please do upload clear pics. Does it itch? since when have you had this? what anti-fungal or other medications have you applied?

Hi, it does not itch, ive had this problem for around 4 years, its a little better than it was. Ive been to a few doctors in the past who said i was probly acne. Ive been to 4 different doctors and 1 dermatologist recently, who said they didnt think it wa seborrheic dermatitis but werent sure, the derm gave me duac, which ive been using for 4 weeks with no improvement, they thougt it was just acne vulgaris.

I used tgel, nizoral and selsun for 6 weeks each, and also nizoral 2% cream for a month.

Im 19 also.

yayforgarrus
05-12-2013, 11:44 AM
2354 this is the best quality i could get, its like this on my cheeks also, it stops exactaly at my jawline. Only the areas which i used to apply creams to are effected.