PDA

View Full Version : ive had enough!

thatboi
04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi people please excuse my grammar etc as im typing on my phone and its quite difficult.

Ive had hyperpigmentation for about 8years as a result form s burn. Its on my forehead and fairly big.. ive used things like bio oil and coco butter, which helped to a certain point but im running out of ideas. Its affected my life for years now and im fedup. Im broen skinned black guy and the pigmentation is about 60% darker than my normal tone.

Im wondering if it would be possible to bleach it out anf if so how can I do this? I notice the pigmentation gets darkerif I dont get enough sleep or its hot outsidr tbh it changed color when I hit my head yday it turned to a angry red shade it almost looks like ive had a fresh bump to the head but its beem 8yrs please help me

Dr.Deepak
04-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Welcome to the forum jsmie, so its just on the forehead or it includes cheeks/nose too? if possible you may include a clear picture of it so we can give a proper recommendations. Anyway, regular use of retinoids (tretinoin 0.025% initially slowly increasing) in the night and strict sun protection during day and use of broad-spectrum sunscreen might help fade the hyperpigmentation.

Superficial brown pigmentation can be faded away with retinoids but if your pigmentation is deep inside (very dark/dark blue/green) it may be hard to fade. You may need extra strong chemical peeling or lasers for deeper pigmentation.

kevinkrieger
01-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Thanks for sharing your views. Helpful for me.