PDA

View Full Version : Contagiosum Molluscum or Fordyce Spots on penis?

OVG
04-13-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm sexually active and have only had one partner for 3 months, however these spots have appeared two days ago... I have no idea where I could have got it from if it is Molluscum.

Dr.Saiyan
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi Oreis! First welcome to DermaTalk. wanna ask you few questions, are the lesions itchy if yes ,is it more severe during day or night? Do you have such lesions around your umbilicus, armpit, face,wrist, web spaces of fingers and scrotum? Are these pus filled,water filled or hard solid? Do your partner also have similar symptoms? Please do answer these questions patiently.

OVG
04-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Oreis! First welcome to DermaTalk. wanna ask you few questions, are the lesions itchy if yes ,is it more severe during day or night? Do you have such lesions around your umbilicus, armpit, face,wrist, web spaces of fingers and scrotum? Are these pus filled,water filled or hard solid? Do your partner also have similar symptoms? Please do answer these questions patiently.

The lesions are occasionally itchy, especially if I cause the itchiness by scratching or moving around too much. I'm not sure if there is a significant difference in intensity during the day or night, but I do seem to notice it more at night as I go to sleep.
These lesions are only located on my scrotum and penis, and they resemble pimples (pus). I would have assumed they were pimples if there were only a few and didn't spread so rapidly over a few days.
The only strange symptoms my partner has experienced recently is sporadic, intense pain in her genitals but I don't think that relates to what I have.

I really appreciate your help saiyan, the DermaTalk society seems to be very helpful and friendly :)
Kind Regards,
Oreos

Dr.Saiyan
04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
hi Ores! The lesions seems like hypersensitivity reaction to infestation or bites by either scabies, pubic lice,bed bugs mites or other insects .I guess you should visit dermatologist rule out these each of these causes appropriately. Your partner also seem to get infected so provably she should also undergo investigation and treatment.
Yes we are friendly group of people always always Willing to share and help. Hope to see you around more often.